The Cloud FinOps team is critical in understanding and optimizing cloud spend for the company’s global cloud infrastructure. We enable teams to make data-driven decisions through technology, creating the maximum return on investment for the company. The Cloud FinOps Analyst will be an integral member of this dynamic team, continuously innovating and improving OneTrust’s cloud financial controls and optimization while helping to drive a culture of accountability around efficient cloud usage/spend.
- Work with and support cross-functional teams to educate and establish best practices around the consumption of cloud services, identify opportunities for optimization/cost savings, and how they relate to business goals
- Utilize analytical and quantitative skills to perform cloud demand forecasting, cost optimization, capacity planning, cloud utilization analysis, spend modeling, and the development of a cost savings strategy and supporting KPIs (e.g., rightsizing, instance optimization, storage tiering, waste elimination, etc.)
- Support annual and monthly cloud budget and forecast process, including consumption management, show-back, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and engineering owners.
- Partner with our Cloud Governance Team to ensure appropriate tagging and alerts strategies are deployed and maintained at scale to manage and report costs
- Support the review and ongoing continuous improvement of cloud cost optimization initiatives
- Monitor cloud consumption to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes
- Participate in automating, integrating, and maturing the Cloud FinOps tools, processes, and data structures in a way that enables cost visibility across all teams
- Create and maintain internal policies on FinOps and cost optimization processes and customer environments, in collaboration with the Engineering team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with various departments, and support functions to provide expert knowledge on cloud usage/spend
- Support FinOps cost tools and develop capacity reservation policies
- Build awareness and education of FinOps practices and capabilities
- Implement and enforce best practices with “cost-wise” savviness to help create a strong FinOps framework and operating model
- Analyze Cloud consumption trends and publish weekly/monthly report updates leveraging PowerBI or other Cloud Cost Management reporting tools
- Identify cost optimization opportunities and use advisory/indirect influence to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner
- Recommend cloud cost reduction measures and help determine what can be incorporated into the budgeting/planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- 1+ Years experience working with Cloud Platforms (i.e. Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 1+ Years experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- FinOps practitioner or Finance experience, with a technical interest or a Cloud/DevOps Engineer wanting to take the next step
- Solid understanding of networking, storage, computing, application support, and application development concepts as it pertains to cloud computing
- Certification on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure); such as AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals, GCP Foundational
- Experience with chargeback modeling, cost savings and avoidance tracking, and forecasting
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer – we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people: