About the job
OpsGuru, a Carbon60 Company is a global engineering and consulting group that was named 2022 AWS Partner of the Year. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists and application developers. OpsGuru’s value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance based on their business needs. Maybe you’re an expert with serverless architecture and thrive off of making healthcare better for women like the Nivi Platform project (https://opsguru.io/customer-success-nivi). Or perhaps Kubernetes and IoT is your sweet spot like our Cocoflo project (https://opsguru.io/customer-success-cocoflo). Either way, the benefit of this role is that you will always be able to learn and grow from the different scopes and projects.
Come and join a new team to support everything from exciting new products to helping improve the old. Helping to foster rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. You’ll be the first member of a new FinOps Practice that is responsible for supporting our customers to establish enterprise-wide policies, architectural patterns, cloud onboarding processes and corporate governance. The foundation of the role is being the FinOps SME and trusted advisor to our customers. Our clients will lean on you for some of the most strategic decisions that will have a pivotal impact on their organization.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with technical and business stakeholder units across our customers organizations to build, supervise and improve real-time cloud cost and consumption dashboards and forecasts for executive committee briefings, corporate finance workflows and engineering transparency
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities.
- Translate financial insights into actionable recommendations, promoting cost-aware architecture design, and leveraging Infrastructure as Code to automate resource optimization.
- Responsible for integrating FinOps tools, creating reusable design patterns and code modules to support optimization and Cloud Finance Management (CFM) policies
- Support customers cloud monthly budgets and forecast process in managing consumption, chargebacks, show back, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and technical owners
- Support different customer stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape.
- Use a consultative approach to enhance the relationship between OpsGuru and our customers.
What Qualifies You
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, IT or analytics; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience; Financial Analyst and/or Business Analyst background preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization
- Experience in sourcing of public cloud services including cloud sourcing strategy planning, strategic supplier selection, contracting and commercial negotiations
- Knowledge of cloud cost products (e.g., Cost Explorer, Azure Portal)
- Strong understanding of public cloud (AWS is must, Azure and GCP nice to have), and their services
- Prior experience building custom reports with PowerBI, Apptio, etc
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel including architecture and procurement specialists
- FinOps certification preferred