Title: FinOps SME
- Assist customer teams in understanding the FinOps methodology and provide guidance on how to mature the organization in the FinOps capabilities.
- Develop and champion cloud infrastructure cost management best practices.
- Partner with the agencies Finance, Procurement & Engineering teams to help measure and manage their cloud infrastructure costs.
- Own the development and delivery of cloud infrastructure budgets and forecasts based on the clients current cloud spend patterns.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of cloud consumption metrics with recommendations to drive savings and efficiencies.
- Partner with Finance department to increase cost allocation for shared infrastructure and platform services such as security and networking.
- Work with public cloud technology tools to help drive FinOps practices and methodologies.
- Build analytical models to provide data-driven guidance on cloud infrastructure spend.
- Create utilization/forecasting models to predict future outcomes of cloud infrastructure spend and usage. This includes understanding the velocity of migrations into the cloud.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or 5-years of experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Three or more years of experience with Azure, AWS and/or GCP cloud services.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure Portal and/or AWS Cost Explorer
- Experience of Python and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with relational databases, data extraction, data analysis, and cloud cost management tools
- Understanding of Federal Government IT procurement processes.
- Understanding of industry best practices related to Cloud resource tagging and tagging enforcement thru automation.
- Public Cloud technology certifications
- Experience with Cloud Cost Management software
- Excellent verbal, graphical, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.