Key Responsibilities :
- Assist customer teams in understanding the FinOps methodology and provide guidance on how to mature the organization in the FinOps capabilities.
- Develop and champion cloud infrastructure cost management best practices.
- Partner with the agencies Finance, Procurement & Engineering teams to help measure and manage their cloud infrastructure costs.
- Own the development and delivery of cloud infrastructure budgets and forecasts based on the clients current cloud spend patterns.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of cloud consumption metrics with recommendations to drive savings and efficiencies.
- Partner with Finance department to increase cost allocation for shared infrastructure and platform services such as security and networking.
- Work with public cloud technology tools to help drive FinOps practices and methodologies.
- Build analytical models to provide data-driven guidance on cloud infrastructure spend.
- Create utilization / forecasting models to predict future outcomes of cloud infrastructure spend and usage. This includes understanding the velocity of migrations into the cloud.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or 5-years of experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Three or more years of experience with Azure, AWS and / or GCP cloud services.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure Portal and / or AWS Cost Explorer
- Experience of Python and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with relational databases, data extraction, data analysis, and cloud cost management tools
- Understanding of Federal Government IT procurement processes.
- Understanding of industry best practices related to Cloud resource tagging and tagging enforcement thru automation.
Preferred Skills / Experience :
- Public Cloud technology certifications
- Experience with Cloud Cost Management software
Professional Skills :
- Excellent verbal, graphical, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
PBG is a leading small business provider specializing in a broad array of Program Management, Operations, and Information Technology (IT) services to federal, state, local, commercial, and nonprofit organizations.
Our expertise delivering innovative solutions to unique challenges spans across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
PBG draws upon its deep expertise, in-depth knowledge, and industry-best practices in the areas of IT, Operations, and Project, Program, and Portfolio Management to develop scalable solutions for managing complex issues.
We have successfully built a company culture based on our single most important asset – our employees. At PBG we are passionate about employee engagement and make it our business to provide our employees a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities that align with business strategy, promote team work and inspire innovation.
A job is where you are spending most of your day, so PBG believes in making it a fun, collaborative and productive environment.
We want our employees to have the opportunity to grow and be part of a company that is making a lasting contribution to our customers.
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical Plan options with significant financial investments from PBG
- Prescription benefit plan
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short term / Long-term disability
- Supplemental group life and AD&D options
- Yearly Bonuses
- Generous Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
- Career / Professional Development Program
- Spot Bonus Program
Diversity & Inclusion
PBG celebrates diversity and is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or protected veteran status.
In addition to federal law requirements, PBG complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent.
Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.