Piccadilly One is supporting a global retail business in their search for a FinOps specialist as they look to set up a Cloud Centre of Excellence. This is a great opportunity to join a well known brand as they look to optimise their cloud usage in the quest to become a gold standard in cloud optimisation.
The ideal candidate will have set up a FinOps practice before within an established organisation with an immature FinOps capability. This is a business facing role but we are looking for someone who understands the technology and can bridge the gap between technology/engineering teams and finance teams.
- Influence the technology teams on industry best practices for Cloud FinOps.
- Act as an evangelist and subject matter expert to spark thought and conversation within teams to drive adoption.
- Impart highly complex information in an easily digestible manner for non technical stakeholders and analysts.
- Work with the the senior leadership team keeping them involved and updated.
- Collaborate across functions and departments.
- Define the FinOps Roadmap for IT with a focus on developing cloud cost management and optimisation of solutions.
- Provide FinOps expertise, leadership and direction to IT Engineering, Finance and other Business Functions.
- Drive adoption of the FinOps tooling solution.
- Define and implement KPI’s to help drive cloud spend optimisation.
- Proven successful experience as a FinOps Lead in your last role(s).
- Evidence of setting up a FinOps function.
- Business facing – credible, excellent communication and presenting skills.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and their offerings – ideally Azure.
- CCoE experience desired.
- A FinOps Certification is strongly desired but not a perquisite.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard tooling – Cloudability preferred.