The Role : Cloud FinOps Analyst
Come and join a new team to support everything from exciting new products to helping improve the old. Helping to foster rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation.
You’ll join an enterprise-wide Cloud Center of Excellence team that is responsible for establishing enterprise-wide policies, architectural patterns, cloud onboarding processes and corporate governance.
Why join the team?
You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll build and run new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale.
The Infrastructure and Platform area within the Flutter International division is helping foster world-class operational environments and helping to support the core of the business as we migrate our platforms onto AWS
What will you do?
- The Cloud FinOps Analyst is responsible for reporting and analysis on cloud costs and utilisation, forecasting and budget reviews, working closely with the Cloud FinOps Account Manager and CCOE.
- This role will assist in developing the cost reporting capability, budgeting, cost optimization and tracking processes
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities.
- Translate financial insights into actionable recommendations, promoting cost-aware architecture design, and leveraging code to automate resource optimization.
- Support the cloud monthly budget and forecast process in managing consumption, chargebacks, show back, and savings in collaboration with accounting, finance, and technical owners
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend based on their business roadmap and budgeted forecast.
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools
- You will be part of our family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills, and developing yourself in new ways.
Your key responsibilities:
- Helping to implement our key organizational controls for the AWS Cloud, with GCP and Azure on the horizon in the future
- Analyze usage data to make cost saving recommendations
- Forecast cloud hosting costs
- Develop reporting and presentation of cost and usage information to stakeholders
- Assist with managing costs in accordance with the technology strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, IT or analytics;
- A minimum of 2 years of overall professional experience; Financial Analyst and/or Business Analyst background preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization
- Experience in data analysis and presentation of data
- Knowledge of AWS services and cloud concepts
- Knowledge of cloud cost products (e.g., Cost Explorer, Azure Portal)
- Strong mathematical and data analytics capabilities
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent skills in Excel, SharePoint, Reporting Frameworks such as Quick Sight, Power BI etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written communication skills
- FinOps certification preferred
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Full software & hardware equipment will be provided alongside a one off home office allowance to allow you to work from home under our hybrid model
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- Free snacks and catered lunch.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now !
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.