Project 44 is looking for an experienced FinOps Engineer to join our DevOps group. As a FinOps Engineer, you will analyze cloud spend, identify potential cost savings, define follow-up activities, and increase productivity.
You will work in tandem with our Engineering and Finance teams to ensure we maintain our cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and ingenious problem-solving.
- Develop a FinOps roadmap in which you analyze, prioritize, and implement cost optimization actions across various cloud services
- Implement and manage automated tools to help identify cost trends and anomalies.
- Investigate outlier events to identify root-cause and expected path forward.
- Build automations to optimize the cloud environment
- Manage commitments to ensure proper balance of reserved vs spot/on-demand instances
- Create financial and usage dashboards
- Improve resource utilization at a minimum cost
- Partner across Product & Engineering teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Work with Finance on budget, forecast, and expense reports
- Work closely with our Finance and Legal departments to negotiate cost terms and contracts
- 3+ years of experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent – Must
- Knowledge of Cloud hosting technologies – Must
- Proven analytical skills and experience with cost optimization
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar accounts
- Deep understanding with cloud costs and the various alternatives
- Cost-savings and cost optimization mindset
- Full life cycle implementation of multiple solutions on AWS.
- DevOps experience and scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash, Terraform) – Advantage
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS/GCP