About the job
Reporting to Senior Manager of Cloud Operations, the Project Manager is responsible for defining, developing and delivering complex projects by effectively managing cross-functional teams within Cloud Operations and Engineering; driving continuous process improvement and implementing cost controls/optimizations/savings.
A successful candidate will possess deep analytical skills, project management experience, strong written communication, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to complete tasks while working both independently and collaboratively in cross-functional environment.
The Company – PROS:
PROS, Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PRO) provides AI-powered solutions that optimize selling in the digital economy. PROS solutions make it possible for companies to price, configure and sell their products and services in an omnichannel environment with speed, precision and consistency. Our customers, who are leaders in their markets, benefit from decades of data science expertise infused into our industry solutions.
A Day in the Life of the Project Manager – About the role:
- Projects Management:
- Identify and deliver quantifiable business value aligned with Company strategy and objectives;
- Establish, track, and manage project scope, timelines, risks and budget;
- Bring clarity and transparency to the team and stakeholders by facilitating and conducting detailed scoping, design, planning sessions;
- Provide regular project scorecard updates and reporting to stakeholders and executives;
- Define and implement project and program management frameworks/best practices to structure/govern projects from initiation to execution with strong reporting and tracking mechanisms;
- Engage and bring together various teams and stakeholders to create effective project management and to delivery on time, cost and scope;
- Must be able to work alongside multiple disciplines within PROS, such as business development, product management, development and operations.
- Process Improvement:
- Understand and translate departmental and company needs to align on priorities, define improvement opportunities and shape transformation projects;
- Drive continuous process improvement within cloud operations and other teams;
- Define and implement change management improvements and initiatives to support strategy and process changes.
- Financial Operations:
- Continuous focus on managing overall cloud operations project costs, facilitate with various teams to provide accurate forecasts to finance;
- Define and implement necessary cost controls in cloud operations.
- Represent Cloud operations teams to coordinate with engineer and products teams in joint projects. Collect requests from various customer projects, determine priority with group leaders, and provide information and directions to the teams;
- Represent cloud operations as a stakeholder in major corporate programs and initiatives.
Required Qualifications – About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in cloud operations, product development or professional services;
- Thorough understanding of project and program management best practices and tools;
- Excellent people and process skills. Effective teamwork and strong collaboration;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales with minimal supervision;
- Ability to resolve conflicting requests by setting proper priority for the team;
- Familiar with ITSM, FinOps processes and tools;
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle a plus.
Education & Skills:
- Technical bachelor’s degree;
- Project management certifications such as PMP (or equivalent certification);
- Lean Six Sigma (or equivalent process improvement framework);
- Change and Risk management skills;
- Advanced facilitation skills.
- Ownership and accountability
- Goal Oriented
- Team Player