Cloud FinOps Engineer
Published: 12th December 2022
Closing Date: 31st January 2023
- Proactively partner/collaborate with technology and business professionals at various levels within the organization to optimize cloud spend.
- Recommend savings opportunities related to cloud commitment purchases (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Committed/Sustained use) and track utilization of these commitments.
- Analyze resource usage and conduct concerted effort to eliminate unused cloud services / zombie instances and simplify process; implement rigorous processes to prevent unused services in the future.
- Partake in creating, maturing, and governing cost optimization policies and best practices.
- Familiarize yourself with usage trends and product roadmaps to optimize consumption rates and forecast cloud spend.
- Create awareness and impact change in cloud infrastructure costs.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, be enthusiastic about learning new technologies, and apply the gained knowledge to address problems.
- Demonstrate a collaborative, team-focused approach.
- Develop customer-level view of consumption data and ensure reporting is simple and widely available to all stakeholders in real-time.
- Develop processes to automate or continuously review RIs.
- Create and oversee the process for requesting, evaluating, and deciding on new SaaS implementations.
- Prior experience optimizing cost and/or architecting SaaS based cloud operations.
- Azure and/or AWS cloud cost levers knowledge.
- Experience with building partnerships with cross-functional teams to drive results in the form of data insights.
- Experience in cloud capacity management and developing strategy that uses automation to maximize resource utilization and minimize cost
- Passion for identifying opportunities and executing cost optimization initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance or an engineering field (e.g. Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a cloud engineering role with a cost optimization or architecture focus
At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Life at PTC is about more than working with today’s most cutting-edge technologies to transform the physical world. It’s about showing up as you are and working alongside some of today’s most talented industry leaders to transform the world around you.
If you share our passion for problem-solving through innovation, you’ll likely become just as passionate about the PTC experience as we are. Are you ready to explore your next career move with us?
- Company: PTC
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None