- Proactively partner/collaborate with technology and business professionals at various levels within the organization to analyze, optimize, and report cloud usage and spend.
- Familiarize yourself with the current product architecture through collaboration with R&D and provide architecture recommendations that promote usage optimization and cost visibility.
- Analyze resource usage and conduct concerted effort to eliminate unused cloud services / zombie instances and simplify processes; implement rigorous processes to prevent unused services in the future.
- Partake in creating, maturing, and governing cost identification and cost optimization policies and best practices.
- Create awareness and impact change in cloud infrastructure costs without sacrificing required performance.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, be enthusiastic about learning new technologies, and apply the gained knowledge to address problems.
- Demonstrate a collaborative, team-focused approach.
- Using cloud services such as AWS Glue, Athena, Power BI, develop and support a segment and customer-level view of consumption data ensuring reports are simple and widely available to all stakeholders.
- Prior FinOps experience optimizing cost and/or architecting SaaS based cloud operations.
- Solid understanding of cloud elasticity architecture and storage optimization practices.
- Experience in cloud capacity management and developing strategy that uses automation to maximize resource utilization and minimize resource waste.
- Strong knowledge of Azure and/or AWS cloud cost levers knowledge.
- Experience with building partnerships with cross-functional teams such as R&D and DevOps.
- Passion for identifying cost and usage optimization opportunities and executing on those initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems).
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a cloud engineering role preferably with a cost optimization or architecture focus.
- Knowledge of resource groups and resource tagging for usage identification
An understanding of Containers/Kubernetes and cloud telemetry tools is a plus.At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.Life at PTC is about more than working with today’s most cutting-edge technologies to transform the physical world. It’s about showing up as you are and working alongside some of today’s most talented industry leaders to transform the world around you.If you share our passion for problem-solving through innovation, you’ll likely become just as passionate about the PTC experience as we are. Are you ready to explore your next career move with us?