Citi’s Operations & Technology organization (O&T) is driving an innovative Cloud First strategy that works to optimize the IT environment, reduce complexity, and implement high degrees of automation to enable more agile application delivery. We aim to give Citi businesses a competitive edge by leveraging cloud scale architectures and enabling new infrastructure economics. O&T operates as a technology company focused on implementing scalable and innovative next gen technology solutions that will shape the future of global banking.
When you’re one of the largest technology spenders in the world, financial transparency, management, and efficiency matters. As a Cloud Financial Engineering leader on the Citi Public Cloud team, you will be instrumental in developing industry leading cloud cost management and optimization software solutions at Citi-scale. The ideal candidate has experience with or the desire to build modern/scalable cloud-based software systems that integrate with various cloud and SaaS vendors. We’re a small, multi-disciplinary team that’s engineering our FinOps systems and practice. We own our software solutions end-to-end, from ideation to design/development and operation. If you love to lead, solve challenging problems, and operate in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you.
- Design, build, and own systems and capabilities needed for cloud financial management across globally distributed businesses and teams
- Define mission and vision for the Cloud Financials team, lead design and architecture discussions, advocate for best practices, participate in code reviews, and contribute to scaling the team
- Implement a unified view of costs related to direct consumption and shared costs across multiple public cloud providers and PaaS/SaaS vendors for visibility and accurate chargeback
- Implement a cost optimization business process framework targeting both rate and usage-based optimization
- Engineer an automated payment and recovery process for cloud cost actualization
- Develop budgeting and forecast modules along with cost controls to be used firm-wide
- Participate in projects to automate and scale reporting on key capacity metrics, supply chain performance, and growth drivers
- Expertise developing software using languages such as Java, Go, C-based languages or Python.
- Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms) and problem-solving skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Expertise with Service Oriented Architectures, API-first approach, and cloud-based service offerings, preferably on AWS.
- Experience working with relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing and operating on the cloud
- Experience working with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience working with large scale ETL solutions, and data processing and querying solutions e.g., Apache Spark
- Experience with DevOps, modern SDLC practices and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Familiarity with predictive analytic models like time-series, outlier, and forecast models
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings, consumption models and billing concepts
- Prior experience in Cloud Cost Management with knowledge in tools such as Cloudability, Spot.io, Densify, reserved.ai, etc.