We are seeking experienced professionals with a background in Technology, Cloud Economics or FinOps, who have a proven commercial ability, to join a fast-growing team focused on this rapidly growing market. Your focus will be on supporting clients through the cost optimisation lifecycle, from driving transparency over existing spend, developing TCO methodologies, and using data analytics capabilities to provide clients with insight into their current spend, and value creation opportunities.
- Experience in a consulting/advisory type role, with the ability to build and own client relationships;
- Support the planning, mobilisation, and delivery of complex Technology Cost Optimisation projects and programmes;
- Manage matrixed teams made up of people from PwC, our clients and other third parties;
- Be comfortable with identifying, prioritising, and owning cost optimisation opportunities, in support of TCO projects;
- Own and ensure quality in the end-to-end project lifecycle from ideation through to benefits realisation;
- Proven experience of scenario modelling to highlight the benefits/trade-offs of different FinOps/Cost Optimisation opportunities and activities;
- Experience of using Data based analysis and visualisation (Alteryx, Power BI, etc) to deliver insights to clients, across a variety of stakeholder groups;
- Strong presenting/report writing skills leveraging programmes such as Google Slides, and Powerpoint;
- Effectively engage and communicate with senior stakeholders including C-level executives;
- Support the production of industry thought leadership in this domain; and
- Support and lead on Request For Proposals/ITT responses as part of generating new business.
This role will give the right candidate senior exposure at PwC and will present excellent opportunities for progression.
- Experience of Cost Reduction, FinOps or Cloud Economics practices
- Experience of technology infrastructure, whether architecturally or through pricing technology deals/solutions
- Experience of spend analysis and visualisation
- Solid understanding of technology sourcing strategies and vendor landscape
- Ability to effectively categorise spend data and generate insight to support opportunity identification
- Demonstrable technology background
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams (PwC and Client)
- Ability to lead project teams in planning, mobilisation, and delivery.
- An understanding of the commercial elements of a business, with an understanding in trade-offs in working capital allocation
- Experience in translating spend insight and analysis into measurable benefit
- Experience in supporting complex IT procurements and/or software audits
- Solid understanding of technology vendor licensing and service charging mechanisms