FinOps Analyst (5 Month Contract)
Published: 27th January 2023
Closing Date: 21st March 2023
Position: FinOps Analyst
Location: Greater New York, New York – Hybrid Onsite
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 months, potential conversion
The Cloud FinOps team plays a critical role in optimizing cloud spend for the company’s global cloud platform. Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned FinOps analyst leveraging a unique skill set to engage, support, and advise internal customers on their public cloud journey, helping them raise their cost optimization.
The candidate will have FinOps experience or a cloud engineering background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services balanced with strong analytical, collaborative, and communication skills.
The candidate will be a team-player and a self-starter with agile learning abilities and a bias to doing the right thing. Attention to detail, good listening skills, and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders are desired qualifications.
What You Will Work On
- Your deep knowledge of public cloud services, including their cost structure and technical use cases, will pair with your abilities to help our user community strike the best mix of cost, quality, and performance. You will develop an intimate knowledge of our Global Technology domains allowing you to produce valuable data for forecasting, show back, charge back, and variance analysis.
- You will advise internal customers on tagging, metadata, policy compliance, while raising the bar on the company’s overall cloud journey. Your interpersonal skills will help you guide your internal customers through demand management and oversight controls. You will contribute to the development and iterative improvement of our processes to continue to mature the organization and educate the users on proper fiscal responsibilities.
- FinOps certification
- Public cloud provider certification(s)
- Understanding of Agile principles and Sprint Planning, including planning/backlog tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience in automating the ingestion and/or processing of cloud provider billing data
- The candidate should have FinOps experience or a cloud IT background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services
- The candidate will be a team-player and a self-starter with agile learning abilities
- Strong understanding of multi-cloud platform and services (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Understanding private cloud capabilities and billing practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of private and public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (eg Cloudability, BigQuery Reporting, Azure Cost Mgmt + Billing, Microsoft PowerBI, Apptio)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with business and technical leaders, teams, and squads
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- You will advise internal customers on tagging, metadata, policy compliance, while raising the bar on the company’ s overall cloud maturity
- You will contribute to the development and iterative improvement of our processes to continue to mature the organization working with the CCOE
- You will engage with leaders, analysts, engineers, developers, and other key members of the company’ s IT domains
- The visibility of cloud spend will provide occasional opportunities to present to senior technology and business leaders
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.
- Company: Queen Consulting Group
- Type: Contract
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner