- Responsible for the execution of end to end financial support of IT Operations and Site Reliability Engineering Tower(s) through: financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, monthly monitoring, reporting and variance analysis, identify opportunities and validation of cost/efficiency management initiatives, new business case analysis (PAR’s), the tracking of approved business case spend (project tracking) and spend with large vendors (contracts / SOW’s).
- Deepen relationship with IT/Business managers through regular interaction to hold them accountable and ensure their ownership of their budget and to assist them in optimizing the costs under their purview.
- Provide monthly analysis of progress against Plan/Forecast including tracking project costs and cost management initiatives. Collaborate with the Performance Management (PM) teams in ensuring all deliverables are met and TI commentary is insightful and articulated clearly.
- Responsible for identifying and understanding the cost drivers of the towers including but not limited to the volume growth comparison to cost growth and establishing metrics surrounding such drivers to track business performance.
- Responsible for encouraging and embedding a culture of financial discipline in the infrastructure teams supported by this position through proactive communication, education and utilization of various financial processes and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring overall framework of compliance with large vendor contract PARs, building understanding of key financial contract terms, and reporting on related expenses and credits.
- Work independently to identify governance, efficiency management, financial process issues; and proactively work to address them by engaging cross-functional expertise as required.
- Proactively look for the ways for automation, standardization and removing any redundancies in financial processes within Finance and TI.
- Other duties as assigned – in a constantly evolving role which requires constant pivoting and realignments.
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant finance/accounting capacity
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong advisory and communication capabilities
- Good business acumen, and presentation skills
- Process improvement mindset
- Excellent collaboration capability
Nice to Have
- Finance Designation Preferred – MBA, CA, CMA or CGA
- Knowledge / Background in the Technology environment
Job SummaryThe Manager, TI Finance Advisory will be supporting the CFO of the IT Operations and Site Reliability Engineering Tower(s), the incumbent will proactively manage the finance advisory and support activities in driving value to the organization. Become an integral part of the tower(s) and assist them in managing their financial goals, meeting plan and efficiency management targets, and implementing business strategies and initiatives. Be results oriented and ensure the execution of the day to day activities.Address:TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Office of the CFO