We are looking for a talented Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer with focus in FinOps practices to support our company’s long-term growth and transformation to support on the cloud infrastructure implementations and finance control over the three public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) that Roche works with, through innovative solutions using the latest cloud native technologies and engineering practices.
Your key responsibilities:
The Cloud FinOps DevOps Engineer will contribute to the Cloud Financial model implementation and cloud infrastructure deployment according to the industry and company best practices.
- Utilizes, synthesizes and integrates data to form insights that guide our cloud results and strategies, and helps decision makers understand the landscape we work in and identify/lead additional financial value-adding/cost optimization opportunities. Good analytical skills are required.
- Responsible for monthly accruals, performing planning and invoicing, forecasting future consumption in the Cloud, ensuring the definition, implementation and maintenance of Cloud saving plans.
- Establish and maintain robust cloud financial reporting systems, processes and cloud financial controls to ensure integrity and reliability of financial statements and information. Support internal processes and customer workloads
- Ensure data quality in the Roche Cloud Finances related systems ( ServiceNow CMDB) and finance control and cost monitoring of the Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Enables Stakeholders to focus on their key activities while identifying opportunities to provide the best experience to them.
- Verify financial information and provide support to our customers to give estimations of costs during the early consultancy process of cloud solutions, with customer & delivery focus, working effectively with team members and virtual teams from different locations and different cultural backgrounds.
- Handle relationships with vendors and customers proactively and accurately to drive cost-efficiencies.
Your qualifications and experience:
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in a major global organization (Healthcare Industry experience is a plus) with cloud environments.
- Hands-on cloud experience (AWS, Azure and/or GCP), services usage and pricing.
- Knowledge on Cloud Cost Analysis tools (i.e. Cloudability).
- Experience in finances with ability to bridge finance and technology.
- Experience with scripting, developing APIs, UIs and automation skills with expertise in delivering and managing infrastructure as code (python, shell script, terraform).
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- One or more industry certifications in the respective infrastructure service is highly desired.
What you get:
- Great working environment with attractive compensation and rewards package (according to local regulations);
- Annual bonus payment based on performance;
- Access to various internal and external training platforms (e.g. Linkedin Learning);
- Experienced and professional colleagues and workplace that supports innovation;
- Multiple Savings Plans with Employer Match
- Company’s emphasis on employees’ wellness and work-life balance ( (e.g. generous vacation days and OneRoche Wellness Days ),
- Flexible workplace policy;
- State of art working environment and facilities;
- And many more that the Talent Acquisition Partner will be happy to talk about!
Relocation assistance will be considered for exceptional candidates