IT Cloud FinOps Engineer Senior
Published: 3rd November 2022
Closing Date: 13th January 2023
As part of the management processes that ensures adherence to mechanisms of controls to sustain high levels of compliance and cost-effectiveness when utilizing public cloud services,the FinOps Engineer ensures adherence to Roche Cloud Financial Model and Management Processes.
The IT Cloud FinOps Consultant responsibilities will actively manage the governance of the following activities:
- Utilizes, synthesizes and integrates data to form insights that guide our cloud results and strategies, and helps decision makers understand the landscape we work in and identify/lead additional financial value-adding/cost optimization opportunities.
- May lead planning activities and balance planning simplifications with robust, fit for purpose information and impact analysis on the financial process when a new pattern or process is defined.
- Responsible for monthly accruals, performing planning and invoicing, forecasting future consumption in the Cloud, ensuring the definition, implementation and maintenance of Cloud saving plans.
- Establish and maintain robust cloud financial reporting systems, processes and cloud financial controls to ensure integrity and reliability of financial statements and information. Support internal processes and customer workloads
- Ensure data quality in the Roche Cloud Finances related systems (ServiceNow CMDB) and finance control and cost monitoring of the Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Enables Stakeholders to focus on their key activities while identifying opportunities to provide the best experience to them.
- Verify financial information and provide support to our customers to give estimations of costs during the early consultancy process of cloud solutions.
Job skills required
- Good understanding of public cloud technologies, services usage and pricing: AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Ability to bridge finance and technology.
- Knowledge on Cloud Cost Analysis tools (i.e. Cloudability).
- Good understanding of finances – IT technology relations to handle relationships with vendors and customers proactively and accurately to drive cost-efficiencies.
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Well demonstrated customer & delivery focus, working effectively with team members and virtual teams from different locations and different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. German, Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin) are significant pluses.
- One or more industry certifications in the respective infrastructure service is highly desired.
Education / Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finances or equivalent work experience.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in a major global organization (Healthcare Industry experience is a plus) with cloud environments.
- Hands-on cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in finances.
- Experience developing APIs, UIs and automation is nice to have.
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!
- Company: Roche
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None