The FinOps Technical Leader provides leadership and direction to ensure FinOps practices and processes are in place and enforced effectively to optimize our Cloud strategy. This role is accountable to the organization for communicating the importance of cost management across internal and external teams. Cloud FinOps is a highly technical and strategic role where you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting cost management practices, develop cost optimization, recommend rightsizing, create and implement management models, define FinOps tools and processes. This person will play a key role in implementing the Cloud strategy while becoming familiar with new emerging technologies and public cloud services.
- Manage the implementation of a FinOps practice with a team of FinOps engineers.
- Strong and practical knowledge in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP at scale) with an excellent understanding of cost optimization using Cloud Financial Management or FinOps frameworks.
- Strong Data handling skills to analyze complex datasets and practical experience using Tableau or similar BI tools to build reporting dashboards.
- Lead the development of metrics to influence technology teams on industry best processes for cloud development.
- Practical experience in using cloud service provider APIs to implement code-based automations for the public cloud.
- Analyze spending trends and savings opportunities and advises cloud teams with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Develop short and long term product and service strategies and plans.
- Coordinate implementation of operational plans for business area.
- Work with the lines of business to develop TCO models.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS and GCP and understand cloud costing and billing.
- Experience in public cloud, architecture, cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, standards and migration tools.
- Practical experience with PowerBI or similar BI tool
- Hands on experience in Cloud Cost Management, knowledge of Public Cloud offerings, consumption models, billing, cost management tools and processes.
- Experience with one or more of the following: PowerBI, data warehousing, SQL, PowerShell, Terraform, Azure DevOps, AzureSQL,
- Data-driven approach, strong belief that the best decisions are made when they are backed by data.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus among stakeholders through excellent communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial or Accounting experience, or solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Cloud certifications, particularly in Azure Cloud are desired.