Manager, Cloud Governance
Published: 20th January 2023
Closing Date: 20th March 2023
The Cloud Governance Manager will build out best practices for deployment and management of public cloud resources across Rogers. This role will focus on leading the FinOps initiative within Rogers, forecasting and managing Rogers cloud spend across all platforms (Azure, AWS, and OCI) along with identifying and completing cloud cost optimization opportunities. This role will also drive policies and initiatives to ensure appropriate spend allocation and tagging validity and compliance. The candidate will own the charge-back process across all platforms, and will ensure timely and accurate reporting on all activities and initiatives to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead FinOps practice processes/policies and maintaining, updating, and reporting as required.
- Own Cloud Cost Management Tool (CMT) and all related activities (Management, Reporting, Training, Support)
- Own all cloud cost optimization activities across all platforms (AWS, Azure, OCI): Identify opportunities, provide recommendations, follow-up on execution.
- Lead cloud spend forecasting, charge-back, consumption planning and infrastructure tagging (process, collection, analysis, reporting, dashboards)
- Own cloud account and subscription provisioning
- Support creation and promotion of cloud onboarding packs, service and infrastructure catalogs, and security policies.
- Own cloud engagement policies. (creation, promotion, updating, reporting)
- Own cloud supplier cadence (updates, reporting, analysis)
- Work closely with vendors, internal customers and Rogers Leadership teams and create and implement Rogers Cloud roadmap & Cloud FinOps strategy
- 3-5 years of experience in a Manager or equivalent level role providing technical and strategic leadership
- Fundamental level Certification in: Azure, AWS or OCI
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud Cost Management Tools (CMTs) – Apptio Cloudability preferred, other similar experience will be considered
- Strong financial acumen, with an emphasis on Financial Optimization/FinOps
- FinOps Certified Practitioner certification preferred
- Education experience should include a post-secondary education, Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering preferably. Experience in lieu will be accepted.
- Strong aptitude for research, data analysis and trend development.
- Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Personal Competencies: Self Motivated; Leadership; Problem Solving / Judgment; Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Initiative; Achievement Orientation
- Company: Rogers Communications
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner