- Utilising both Cloud native and third-party cost management toolsets to drive commercial and cost avoidance optimisations across our Cloud estate (AWS and Azure; Azure experience is mandatory).
- Provide expert knowledge on cloud cost optimization strategies (e.g. rightsizing, reserved instances/savings plans, scheduling, processor/instance types, IT Waste)
- Building, maintaining, and improving custom reports and dashboards to deliver cost reporting. (ideally knowledge exists either in Power BI or Azure Portal) – while enforcing tagging Strategies
- Collaborate with Cloud Engineering and Cloud Platform teams to implement cost optimization recommendations and best practices
- Defining and implementing a new FinOps governance framework and roadmap of FinOps activity to maximise and optimise our Cloud spend
Your powerful skills
- Strong experience in Cloud FinOps / Cloud spend optimization. (Azure experience is mandatory)
- A strong understanding of AWS and Azure compute technologies (ideally certified at foundation level for respective platform; Azure experience is mandatory).
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Cloud pricing schemes and Services
- Demonstrable experience of managing and executing commitment-based savings plans / Reserved instances for AWS and Azure. (Azure experience is mandatory)
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud cost management tooling
- Demonstrable experience of building dashboards
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Clear, effective written and oral communication.
- Cultural awareness and willingness to travel (largely between UK and Germany)
- Promote FinOps culture across the company