We are seeking a strong, analytical Cloud Finops professional with experience in both Finance, cloud data and technical knowledge. A combination of the ability to understand numbers, analyze data and communicate optimally is critical for success in this role. You will be responsible for understanding the data, combining various data and using them to gain financial and operational insights and then communicating the insights to various parts of the business. This requires comfort in deep diving into cost drivers and analyzing variance root causes. As a Finops analyst/manager you will collaborate with our technology and business collaborators to understand cloud consumption, drive continuous cost efficiencies and align cloud spending with business objectives.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who is passionate about using data to inform strategic decision-making!. You will work closely with the Data Science team to transform real-world data into valuable information that enables the business to effectively make data-driven decisions!
- Build financial models for projecting cloud costs, ensuring accurate cost estimation, budgeting, forecasting and identification of savings opportunities.
- Analyze, report, and produce relevant insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, etc, and communicate the insights in a way that resonates with partners.
- Lead data analysis of cloud expenditure to identify trends, anomalies, unplanned spikes, and investigate root cause of variances while improving processes to prevent recurring issues.
- Provide strategic analytical reports on business metrics (Cost to Serve, Unit costs, capacity usage, critical metrics, return on investment, etc.) with recommendations that drive realization of cloud value
- Prepare monthly Cloud Financial management reporting with key insights on consumption, show back, savings and assist with budget alignment across teams.
- Partner with the Tech teams to understand their current cloud spend, and deliver accurate forecasts based on their business drivers and roadmap.
- Collaborate with partners to continuously identify cloud cost optimization opportunities and drive strategic cost-savings initiatives that improve gross margin.
- Develop processes to increase clarity by reducing Untagged / unattributed costs, and maintaining cloud optimization opportunity inventory and tracking the impacts.
- Work with internal automation teams to define workflows that allow teams to self-serve reporting, automating critical metric reporting and recommend enhancements that simplify budget management processes
- Provide support for various requests such as billing and Cloud cost inquiries
- Develop a culture of cost accountability among teams by staying updated on Cloud’s evolving service offerings, trends, pricing models, and driving the implementation of Finops standard processes to enhance efficiency.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of internal documentation on Finops, cost optimization, and onboarding processes
Who you will work with:
- You will act as an individual contributor responsible for crafting data sets, analysis, reporting and financial analysis on the Cloud portfolio
- You will partner with Tech and Finance leaders
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or IT related experience leading cloud spend and business partnering.
- Strong analytical attitude with meticulous attention to detail (Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis, reporting, modelling and forecasting)
- Ability to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to tell a story with numbers
- Advanced analytic, modeling, and forecasting skills
- Experience building and maintaining data visualizations using tools like Tableau to create interactive dashboards for partners.
- Apply data query tools and sophisticated spreadsheet features to improve financial analysis and automate repetitive tasks
- Solid understanding of FP&A activities and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Experience with Public cloud financial tools and cost management such as AWS Cost Explorer, AWS CUR
- Knowledge of Finops principles and standard methodologies
- SAAS experience
- Experience handling major cost-saving projects from inception through post-implementations
- Finops certified practitioner
- AWS certification