About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with our Research and Development team to manage our Cloud and Cell infrastructure costs. We are a cloud-native operations SaaS solution and infrastructure efficiency is critical to scaling our business. You will partner with business leaders to set and achieve corporate goals. You will drive quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform strategic decisions and identify optimization opportunities. You will support corporate financial goals by driving forecast models and providing accurate guidance to our leaders and investors.
This role can be office-based in our San Francisco office or fully remote.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with leaders across our R&D Engineering teams to drive strategic decision-making, investment prioritization, and long-range planning
- Develop COGS and operating expense forecast models driven by infrastructure usage
- Provide accurate reporting insights to identify efficiency or optimization opportunities and protect against cost anomalies
- Support vendor negotiations
- Build and monitor KPIs to inspect business health and performance
- Analyze financial results, prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting, and support operating review meetings with VPs and EVPs of Engineering and Finance
- Build scalable processes and mechanisms to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness that supports the next wave of Samsara’s growth
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience in Corporate Finance and/or Investment Banking
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics
- Strong financial modeling and analysis capabilities with Excel or Google Sheets
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
- Experience partnering with engineering teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Competency with AWS Cloud cost management
- Competency with managing cellular costs
- Experience supporting vendor negotiations
- Willingness and ability to build new financial processes and mechanisms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment with high degrees of ambiguity