Cloud FinOps Financial Analyst
- Location: Budapest – Sanofi Business Services, Váci Greens
- Flexible working: 60% home office / week
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
We are a leading technology-driven organization seeking an experienced IT Cloud FinOps Expert to join our team. Our company is dedicated to leveraging cutting-edge cloud solutions to optimize business operations and enhance productivity. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters innovation and encourages professional growth. If you have a strong background in FinOps and highly optimized AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud architectures, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Join our dynamic team and play a key role in shaping our cloud infrastructure to drive innovation and enable efficient operations. If you are passionate about FinOps, we look forward to reviewing your application. Apply today and take your career to new heights!
About you :
As Senior Cloud FinOps Financial Analyst lead, you will be responsible for setting up overall FinOps governance for Digital Organizations. You will be representing the Central FinOps team at Digital FinOps SteerCo. Will be working closely with Digital Units to define and implement Central FinOps processes pertaining to budgeting, forecasting of cloud spending, collating, analyzing, and prioritizing cloud optimization recommendations, and calculating potential savings and benefits using different native, Cloudability, and self-developed tools. This role expects you to create high-quality, client-facing assets targeting Cloud Cost Optimization and present them to key stakeholders and provide expert knowledge of cloud cost optimization strategies (e.g. rightsizing, power scheduling). You would have to ensure that optimization recommendations go through the appropriate governance process and get actioned and also collaborate with Cloud Engineering and Cloud Platform teams to implement cost optimization recommendations and best practices.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of FinOps framework, governance, KPI, dashboards to monitor cloud spending across all Sanofi Digital Units.
The following key activities will be performed by this role:
- Perform financial reporting and forecasts, use financial systems and advanced Python and MS Excel functions to work with large data sets, and perform headcount reporting, planning and forecasting
- Design, develop and maintain reports, Dashboards, and KPIs intended for Digital / Business Unit Leadership
- Support the cloud budget and monthly forecast process at Sanofi, collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Monitor cloud consumption, detect cost anomalies, perform root cause analysis, and escalate anomalies to top management
- Analyze and report cloud consumption across multiple cloud platforms and multiple Business Units and produce meaningful insights from our Cloud usage monitoring tool (Apptio Cloudability)
- Provide financial analysis and guidance to calculate Unit Economics
- Assist and collaborate with cross-functional teams on each Digital / Business Unit on understanding their cloud spend and achieving their FinOps objectives
- Collaborate closely with Procurement in defining commitment discounts by aggregating for all of Sanofi’s cloud needs across the CSP
- Work closely with Global Finance on how to accurately forecast cloud spend and how to evolve the budgeting and forecasting process and tooling as necessary
- Assist in creating training material and conduct training on Cloud FinOps for various Sanofi teams
- Serve as a FinOps ambassador throughout the organization
Background, Experience & Expected Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Certification in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Understanding of the core Finance & Accounting principles, a basic understanding of the accounting processes (budgeting, accruals, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Cloud pricing schemes
- Experience with native and 3rd party Public Cloud cost management & advisory tools (Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Trusted Advisor, Azure Advisor, GCP Recommender etc.)
- High proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and client relationships
- Knowledge and practical experience with SQL, Python
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization tools (PowerBI, BigQuery, Excel etc.)