Join our dynamic team and play a key role in shaping our cloud infrastructure to drive innovation and enable efficient operations. If you are passionate about FinOps, we look forward to reviewing your application. Apply today and take your career to new heights!
About you :
As a Cloud FinOps Technical Specialist, you will manage the lifecycle of industry best-of-breed FinOps platforms (Cloudability and native platforms) and self-developed tools to drive FinOps best practices. The role expects you to create high-quality, Client-facing assets targeting Cloud Cost Optimization and present them to key stakeholders and provide expert knowledge of cloud cost optimization strategies (e.g. rightsizing, power scheduling). You would ensure the setting up of best practices in FinOps space and collaborate with Cloud Engineering and Cloud Platform teams to implement cost optimization recommendations and best practices.
This position is responsible for the management of the entire lifecycle of FinOps Platforms and tooling. Will also be the technical expert on various cloud services and related optimization processes and methods.
The following key activities will be performed in this role:
- Elicit FinOps requirements, design, build, and future evolutions of Cloudability, native platforms and self-built tooling, user access to FinOps, and FinOps data management)
- Manage the FinOps platform integrations with Cloud infrastructure ecosystems like cloud usage reports, CMDB, budgeting, and planning applications (Apptio)
- Drive cloud optimization efforts throughout the organization by collaborating with Digital and Business leadership, engineering, and Finance teams.
- Identify, document, and steer cost optimization opportunities and best practices.
- Interact with Cloud Services Providers on issues pertaining to Savings plans and Reserved Instances implementations and savings calculation issues.
- Participate in various architectural discussions with Architects and Engineers on using the most cost-efficient choices related to Cloud services.
- Assist and collaborate with cross-functional teams on each Digital / Business Unit to achieve their FinOps objectives.
- Design, develop and maintain relevant metrics and scorecards to attain objectives.
- Assist in creating training material and conducting training on Cloud FinOps for various Sanofi teams.
Serve as a FinOps ambassador throughout the organization.
Background, Experience & Expected Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology Management
- Certification in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Understanding of the core Finance & Accounting principles, a basic understanding of the accounting processes (budgeting, accruals, etc.)
- Experience with native and 3rd party Public Cloud cost management & advisory tools (Cloudability, AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Trusted Advisor, Azure Advisor, GCP Recommender etc.)
- High proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and client relationships
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- Knowledge and practical experience with SQL, Python
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization tools (PowerBI, BigQuery, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Cloud pricing schemes