About the job
We are looking for a FinOps Analyst based in Pune to join our FinOps team as part of our Cloud and Information Services organization at SAS. A FinOps Analyst will have both a solid understanding of cloud technologies and the financial implications of their use. Using your knowledge of cloud services and your ability to analyze cloud usage and cost data, you will support FinOps practices at SAS and help develop new FinOps strategies. In this role, you will identify savings opportunities that will increase our cloud efficiency, allowing SAS to do more with its resources. You will also help teams at SAS understand their cloud spend, optimize their resources, and help accurately forecast future costs.
A FinOps Analyst will:
- Monitor cloud consumption and usage patterns to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Develop reports, metrics, and models to analyze cloud costs and forecast future spend.
- Collaborate with technical owners to understand, forecast, and optimize their cloud spend.
- Collaborate with CloudOps developers to implement cost-saving tools and automation.
- Monitor reservation fleet and savings plan performance and communicate with technical owners to identify changes that may impact long-term discounts.
- Review cloud requests for alignment of technical requirements and cost estimates.
- Support auditing efforts to ensure alignment between business justifications and cost estimates.
- Create documentation to educate users about FinOps and cloud cost best practices.
A FinOps Analyst has:
- Curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work with others as you will be interfacing with internal technical owners to understand their cloud usage and make recommendations on optimizing their cloud spend.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of one or more major cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) with an understanding of cloud concepts such as compute services, elasticity, tagging, billing, pricing models, discount options, and cost reporting tools.
- Knowledge of core financial concepts in cloud computing such as cost showback, cost attribution, forecasting, and amortization.
- Ability to process and analyze large amounts of financial data using standard tools and query languages.
- Experience with a major scripting or programming language such as Python or PowerShell.
- Ability to work independently and learn new and unfamiliar concepts quickly.
- Experience managing many cloud accounts in a major public cloud vendor.
- Experience writing scripts to manage resources using a cloud vendor’s CLI or SDK.
- Certification from a major cloud vendor or from the FinOps Foundation.
- General understanding of system administration and networking concepts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of managing, developing, or maintaining cloud infrastructure on a public cloud platform, or equivalent experience in a FinOps role or cloud spend analysis role.