You will be an integral part of our Cloud FinOps team, with a responsibility for turning cloud data into actionable insights for application teams through effective reporting designed to a drive a culture of cost optimization and efficiency across all aspects of our cloud investment. Leveraging your deep knowledge of cloud and cloud datasets, you don’t shy away from asking the hard questions.
Is this role right for you?
- You enjoy building & defining technical and financial visibility; as well as operation tooling for our cloud platforms, working with our Data Office.
- You excel at identifying and surface opportunities for cost optimization and efficiencies by analyzing consumption and spend patterns.
- You are keen at being a key advisor to end users on the data that FinOps provides, and, as well, the expected outcomes of insights and recommendations.
- You are eager to be that visible evangelist promoting FinOps principles, best practices, and culture to increase the ability to understand cloud spend and optimization opportunities.
- You aim to be acutely aware of cloud spend footprint and detect any unusual consumption.
- You can utilize the Azure/GCP cost datasets to innovate data analysis that helps the organization better understand and react to cloud spend.
- You are ready to develop & maintain automated chargeback and workflows to streamline chargeback processes and improve efficiency.
- You shine at understanding data analytics needs and identifying high-impact opportunities to improve the chargeback process and implement sound analytics solutions and capabilities.
- You excel at turning data into valuable and actionable insights, managing, and optimizing data retrieval, administration, and automation.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You can demonstrate professional working experience with Microsoft Azure and/or GCP & its inherent native tools, including Cost Analysis and the backend cost datasets.
- You have at least 3+ years of professional working experience with Cloud capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, and GCP/Azure services.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience in building related practices for data ingestion, reconciliation, validation and visualization.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience in driving the adoption of dashboards and dataflows that we will build for application teams to understand their consumption and costs.
- You can demonstrate familiarity with Application Programming Interface (APIs), User Interface (UIs), and automation scripting for cloud environments.
- You are self-motivated, independent, and a strategic/conceptual thinker.
- You possess exceptional analytical skills & problem-solving capabilities.
- You can adapt to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You must have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, or in a technology related discipline.
- Completion or enrolment to complete a FinOps Certified Practitioner or FinOps Certified Professional would be beneficial to your candidacy.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of our Hybrid Work Model, when required to be onsite, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods (breakfast & lunch), salads, sandwiches, snacks & hot/cold drinks.
- Our lounges have TV’s, fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking. Charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
- Accessible by TTC bus from Eglinton subway station on Line 1 or from Warden subway station on Line 2 or from Kennedy station on Lines 2/3. When it begins to operate, the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit’s Birchmount stop is steps away.
- Kennedy GO Station on the Stouffville line & Scarborough GO Station on the Lakeshore East line, with connecting TTC buses, can get you to this worksite.