You will be an integral part of our Cloud FinOps team, with a mandate to report on cloud financials and support optimization of our cloud investments and provide cloud financial expertise during budget and strategy cycles. Leveraging your experience in Cloud and/or other technology financials, you will continuously develop, manage, and present Scotiabank’s cloud costs and impact, to various group leaders and business units.
Is this role right for you?
- You are eager for the responsibility of financial reporting and creating insightful reports.
- You excel at analyzing monthly actuals against forecast projections & can understand and explain of variances.
- You want to design forecast models and transparent reporting for business application owners on services consumption costs that will be charged back to the respective lines of business.
- You enjoy providing financial oversight and management of Cloud operating budgets and effective cost recovery.
- You are keen at identifying cost optimization opportunities & then manage, and drive project initiatives to reduce cloud expenses.
- You thrive at defining guardrails to optimize cost performance.
- You enjoy working with Cloud Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to optimize cost performance.
- You are adept at performing other ad-hoc analysis and special projects, as required.
- You can leverage your experiences to manage executive-level conversations on the business value of cloud.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have a basic understanding of cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure & Google Cloud Platform [GCP] preferred) and their financial impacts.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on finance experience with cloud cost management & optimization.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on working experience with financial analysis & financial modelling.
- You have at least 3+ years of advanced proficiency in the use of MS Excel (e.g., macros, pivot tables).
- You can demonstrate an advanced proficiency in the use of MS PowerPoint to produce effective presentations that illustrate the story you want to tell a technical & business audience.
- You possess a willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment.
- You can demonstrate you are “innovative” with an ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving.
- You can mentor and coach colleagues, plus seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- You can multitask and prioritize deadlines.
- You can adapt to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You must have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, or in a technology related discipline.
- Completion or enrolment to complete a FinOps Certified Practitioner or FinOps Certified Professional would be beneficial to your candidacy.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of our Hybrid Work Model, when required to be onsite, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods (breakfast & lunch), salads, sandwiches, snacks & hot/cold drinks.
- Our lounges have TV’s, fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking. Charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
- Accessible by TTC bus from Eglinton subway station on Line 1 or from Warden subway station on Line 2 or from Kennedy station on Lines 2/3. When it begins to operate, the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit’s Birchmount stop is steps away.
- Kennedy GO Station on the Stouffville line & Scarborough GO Station on the Lakeshore East line, with connecting TTC buses, can get you to this worksite.