This role will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Cloud FinOps team. The team is responsible for managing the global Securonix SaaS cloud consumption largely within AWS (and some Azure), resource governance, architecture optimization, cloud financial management, cost modeling, executive reporting, and contract negotiation.
- Day to day oversight of Cloud FinOps and management of size-able SaaS spend from a budgetary perspective.
- Strategic roadmap definition and delivery with partnership with engineering.
- Weekly cloud spend reporting against plan to executive level.
- Drive the cloud optimization targets in terms of budget savings and cost avoidances.
- Analyze cloud services and deployed resources to inform contractual negotiations relating service discounts and commitment levels.
- Ensure SaaS COGs are identified and partner with commercial teams on SaaS pricing.
- Manage vendor relationships on key strategic accounts to ensure proper oversight, partnership, resource readiness, and support.
- Drive the maturity of cloud-based metrics as aligned to the delivery of product updates.
- Act as the main point of contact to all cloud stakeholders, liaison between business and technical stakeholders on an ongoing basis to provide transparency on the cloud spend.
- Participate and lead business case development and cost modeling exercises.
- Prior experience in managing a large SaaS spend of $20 million+.
- Advanced understanding of cloud platforms, cost mechanics, consoles, and services (AWS) to include: cost explorer, cost and usage reports, reserved Instances, savings plans, sustained use discounts and other cloud cost mechanics.
- Ability to comprehend complex architectures to advise on cloud resource setup and consumption triggers.
- Experience with cloud cost optimization platforms such as Apptio’s Cloudability
- Ability to work with Technology and Finance based models and concepts.
- Experience in managing vendors on large high profile strategic accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain strong partnerships at all organizational levels.
- Self-driven and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams (Accounting, Finance, Engineers, Executives, Vendors).
- Leader and a team player with transformation mindset – able to lead and drive through influence and partnership.
- Background in cloud governance related function is a must, FinOps certification is highly desired.
- Strong organizational, task, and project management skills.
- Ability to operate successfully in a lean, agile, and fast-paced organization.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Business; MS preferred.
- Geographical presence near Dallas, Texas is preferred.
As a full-time employee with Securonix, you will be eligible for the following employee benefits:
- Our medical insurance is with Cigna as we offer 4 plans to choose from. Our vision and dental insurance are both PPO plans.
- Securonix pays for your STD, LTD and Basic Life AD&D benefit.
- Securonix also provides you access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost. This program, available through Mutual of Omaha, provides professional, confidential telephonic or face-to-face counseling services to you and your loved ones.
- With our 401(K) you are eligible to participate the 1st of the month, following 60 days of employment.
- At Securonix we offer a Flexible Time Off plan, please speak to one of our Talent Attraction Specialists for details.