The R&D operations team sits within Product & Engineering and is looking for a Director to lead Seismic’s cloud capacity planning, FinOps, and product data science function. Ideal candidates will have experience managing and forecasting cloud capacity demand, running complex data analysis, familiarity with FinOps best practices, as well as experience mentoring and scaling a team.
This role will be highly visible and demand a candidate who is comfortable working with C-level executives and can tailor their style to both technical and non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate will be comfortable going slow to go fast and possess a high level of EQ paired with deep technical knowledge. Additionally, candidates should be comfortable working with a geographically dispersed team, including China and India.
What you’ll do:
Cloud Capacity Planning
- Build the platform and tooling to manage and forecast Seismic’s cloud capacity.
- Work with services to develop utilization thresholds; manage capacity against those thresholds.
- Implement unit costs to measure the efficiency of Seismic’s service architecture.
- Develop short term and long range capacity demand forecasts and sensitivity models. Be comfortable turning those forecasts into cost projections.
- Lead FinOps efforts and work with service teams to implement capacity optimizations
- Drive monthly capacity planning & FinOps readouts to C level stakeholders.
Product Data Science
- Build out the data science function within the Product & Engineering organization.
- Lead high impact analysis around pricing, feature usage and adoption, customer profitability & LTV, product performance benchmarking.
- Mining, cleansing and analyzing large data sets from multiple systems
- Develop attribution engine to allocate costs to product and microservice level.
- Act as a thought leader with respect to projects and analysis that will drive long term scale and profitability for Seismic.
- Create roadmaps that prioritize high-impact projects
Who you are:
- Degree in data science, mathematics or related discipline.
- 6+ years working in a data science or analytics role
- Additional business/commerce degree or MBA would be viewed favorably.
- Above average Python and SQL skills. Experience with time series forecasting models (i.e FB Prophet) a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design. Prior Experience with Snowflake a plus.
- Experience with front and back end of reporting dashboards and use of Tableau.
- Functional knowledge of FinOps principles. FinOps certification is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of leading high impact projects and analysis that elevate the maturity of the business
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross functional teams and executives.
What we have for you: (US)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency