Senior Consultant – Cost Modeling
Published: 23rd August 2022
Closing Date: 9th September 2022
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant who can help support our ambitious growth plans in the financial services sector (banking, insurance and asset management).
As an Senior Consultant, you are the face of our organization and will be measured on your ability to implement new clients within the defined timeline by gathering accurate data to provide accurate estimates of large enterprise portfolios of projects. You will apply a mix of project management, data analysis and data manipulation skills to meet initial and ongoing deliverables. The Senior Consultant is a trusted advisor and will play a key part in the following: Discovery, RFPs, ITTs, Demo Prep, Demo Environments and Demos etc.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Professional Qualification of either Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with Power BI, Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Power Query).
- Accounting knowledge and experience with General Ledgers/ERP’s, journal entries, accounting, reconciliations.
- Advisory and consultancy.
Skills and Requirements
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment
- Ability to work independently to a deadline, prioritize and manage workload
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Always striving to improve. Being innovative to drive outstanding outcomes
- Comfortable with rapid change and working in an open culture
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data.
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling, IT Cost Optimization, IT Financial Management (ITFM) or Technology Business Management (TBM) is desirable but not essential
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
- Advisory and consulting experience is beneficial but not essential
- Experience working at one of the big 4 consulting firms, Deloitte, KMPG, PwC or EY
What we Offer
- An open and collaborative culture with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts come to life.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants
- Be part of a high growth company and product within an expanding industry.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision makers at large blue-chip enterprise with the possibility to make a difference
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options
- Flexibility to structure your work-life balance within an outcome orientated environment
MagicOrange prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrates bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We are firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.
- Company: MagicOrange
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- Salary: $90,000.00 to $ 110,000.00
- FinOps Certifications Required: None