At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
We are looking to hire a Cloud FinOps Analyst that will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team for our Digital Solutions and Office of the CTO lines of business. In this role, you will partner with our Cloud Infrastructure, Finance and Procurement teams to support our growing Cloud FinOps practice that is focused on optimizing our public cloud spend, primarily in Azure and Google Cloud. A successful candidate will provide background and expertise in Cloud FinOps practices, as well as an ability to partner with stakeholders including Finance, Operations and Engineering.
This position will be filled to work at any Jack Henry office location or Remotely within the U.S.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintain a tagging/labeling system to support the FinOps function.
- Review resource usage for cost optimization opportunities that includes the use of commitments, the right-sizing of cloud resources, and other cost optimization strategies.
- Set up and maintain alerting of cloud usage.
- Set up and maintain dashboarding and reporting of cloud usage for users from Operations and Engineers up to our Corporate Leadership Team.
- Partner with Finance, Cloud Infrastructure and Procurement to maintain forecasting and budgeting of anticipated cloud needs.
- Provide recommendations for continued development of FinOps practice, including tooling, training, and use of consultants.
- Create and maintain documentation of FinOps and cost optimization processes.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 6 years working in the cloud technology field with experience focused on FinOps.
- Working understanding of public cloud provider platforms and services, preferably Azure or Google Cloud.
- Understanding of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Experience in public cloud cost optimization, alerting, and dashboarding & reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with business and technical leaders.
- Ability to travel up to 5% to attend JHA meetings, trainings, and/or professional conferences.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science.
- FinOps certification.
- Public cloud certification.
- Working knowledge of host-native and third-party cloud reporting tools.
- Experience in a Financial or Technology Services organization.
- Strong business acumen and desire to strengthen knowledge of the business/industry.
- Ability to make recommendations in order to improve efficiency of processes and procedures.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, “Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun.” We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.