We’re searching for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join us to continue building out the Snowflake platform and service across a broad set of Cloud providers. The Cloud Cost Efficiency team at Snowflake is responsible for building software and solutions that drive cost efficiency at Snowflake across all major providers. Our team is growing rapidly to keep up with this broad responsibility alongside Snowflake’s immense growth. We need additional Software Engineering to help lead the charge.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on cloud infrastructure and distributed systems. You will demonstrate your capabilities to take large, complex projects from conception to completion. with minimal guidance. In addition to being supported in your growth, you will be expected to mentor and support junior team members, lead by example, produce excellent quality code, documentation, solutions, and SDLC best practices.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU FULFILL MOST OF THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in CS or equivalent.
- Experience developing quality infrastructure, automation, and tools.
- At least 7+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, coding skills, and knowledge of SDLC best practices.
- Experience in Golang and/or Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing, networking.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- A strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and drive project success, and a passion for problem solving
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience with infrastructure and config management toolsets – Pulumi, Terraform, Vault, etc.
- Experience with AWS RI/SP management, cost explorer, and other financial management tools.
- Experience with Azure or GCP financial management tools.
- Experience developing and deploying services on Kubernetes
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, think beyond the ordinary, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake. Experience with finance and cost efficiency are a plus.
How do you want to make your impact?
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake verifying that you: (i) may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data; or (ii) are eligible to obtain, in a timely manner, any necessary license or other authorization(s) from the U.S. Government to allow access to U.S. export-controlled technology, technical data, or sensitive government data.