b2b contract on a full time basis (freelance)
Location: Hybrid in Belgium
As a Cloud FinOps Lead, you are responsible for developing and implementing a robust program for cloud cost management that includes: a service-based cost allocation and classification strategy, tracking and management of cloud costs, cloud services rates settings, and defining consumption and show-back/charge-back reports from both the provider and consumer perspective. You need to be technically strong and intimately familiar with public clouds (AWS, Azure) to drive cost-optimization. You’ll be driving improvements with cloud & Apps team to adopt latest strategies of AWS and Azure to save cost. Cost initiatives must be Cloud agnostic which can scale up / scale down on Hybrid Cloud strategies (AWS, Azure).
You contribute to the high performing culture of the Cloud optimization by delivering a user experience that is better, faster, and cheaper through cloud. You share a collective responsibility with your peers within the CCoE for the end-to-end lifecycle management of the service or product you are delivering. You are consistently contributing and delivering against the team priorities and roadmaps.
• 5+ years of experience with one/more public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, financial
reporting, and workflow management in a large service operations environment.
Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools/APIs.
• Understanding of cloud providers, platforms and configurations and familiarity with
workload usage/consumption patterns on cloud.
• Good understanding of billing on cloud platforms (incl. impact of usage patterns on
• Ability to develop effective reporting schemes/metrics to maintain strong control on
usage and billing of cloud services.
• Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (across IT, finance, business functions) and
proactively identify opportunities for service improvement.
• Demonstrated skills in working across multi-functional teams to bring increased
business value through seeing the bigger picture, collaboration and alignment of diverse
• AWS and/or Azure Certified Solutions Architect certification preferred
• Agile SAFE methodology is a plus
Please get back to me if you are interested and if so please forward your Cv and phone number for a quick call
PS: If you are not interested, please get me in touch with somebody that could be looking for work so that I can help them finding the most suitable job for them
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com