SentinelOne is looking for a Senior FinOps Engineer for our growing FinOps team, a group of experts who use best-in-class tools to optimize financial operations. You will create reports and dashboards to observe costs, build tooling to improve efficiency, and design cost projection models to ensure financial success. Partner with DevOps to build automation for observability, monitoring, and enforcement. Collaborate with product engineering teams to help them make cost-effective decisions. FinOps Engineers at SentinelOne work in a highly collaborative environment, one size does not fit all, so please bring your bag of tricks and the ability to teach them to others.
What you will be doing:
- Providing timely visibility to cloud spend across a matrix of categories and allocations
- Provide forward-looking projections on spend including impacts of customer growth, product expansion and adoption, region expansion and adoption, as well as cost savings actions.
- Leverage deep technical expertise to provide and manage strategic and tactical actions to improve margins, reduce spend, and enable growth
- Provide thought leadership on core KPIs to measure, track, and report on to enhance our ability to do all of the above
What you should have:
- Possess extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of cloud platforms and associated costs
- At-home slicing and translating financial data in a variety of tools and formats
- Excellence as a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Be a constant learner who is looking to solve interesting and challenging problems
- A growth mindset, someone who is keen to learn and continuously improve
- 5+ years in FinOps Engineering or related field
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Coding experience in Go, Python or Bash
- You can analyze costs in AWS Cost Explorer, Pileus, Kubecost, Athena or similar
- You are ready to research, document, analyze and forecast cloud resource utilization
- Team player ready to collaborate within and beyond our FinOps organization
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.