Published: 26th January 2023
Closing Date: 25th March 2023
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Apps Analyst FinOps Consultant (w/ Cloud experience) for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Health Care Services clients in New Hyde Park, NY.
- You will advise internal customers on tagging, metadata, policy compliance, while raising the bar on the company’s overall cloud maturity
- You will contribute to the development and iterative improvement of our processes to continue to mature the organization working with the CCOE
- You will engage with leaders, analysts, engineers, developers, and other key members of the company’s IT domains
- The visibility of cloud spend will provide occasional opportunities to present to senior technology and business leaders
- Your deep knowledge of public cloud services, including their cost structure and technical use cases, will pair with your abilities to help our user community strike the best mix of cost, quality, and performance.
- You will develop an intimate knowledge of our Global Technology domains allowing you to produce valuable data for forecasting, show back, charge back, and variance analysis.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- The candidate should have FinOps experience or a cloud IT background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services
- The candidate will be a team-player and a self-starter with agile learning abilities
- Strong understanding of multi-cloud platform and services (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Understanding private cloud capabilities and billing practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of private and public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (eg Cloudability, BigQuery Reporting, Azure Cost Mgmt + Billing, Microsoft PowerBI, Apptio)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with business and technical leaders, teams, and squads
- FinOps certification
- Public cloud provider certification(s)
- Understanding of Agile principles and Sprint Planning, including planning/backlog tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience in automating the ingestion and/or processing of cloud provider billing data
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we say let’s work better together, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse team built on these core values: customer service, employee development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please find us at https://sgainc.com .
- Company: Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc. (SGA, Inc.)
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner