Full-time Solutions Consultant who will be responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of Cloud Solutions. Typical responsibilities for this solutions consultant will include AWS, Azure and GCP design, deployments and migrations. A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation and support of Cloud solutions and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.This position is a remote position however may be required to report to SHI Austin, TX as required for business needs as determined by SHI management.About UsSince 1989, SHI International Corp. has helped organizations change the world through technology. We’ve grown every year since, and today we’re proud to be a $14 billion global provider of IT solutions and services.
If You Join Our Team, You’ll Enjoy Over 17,000 organizations worldwide rely on SHI’s concierge approach to help them solve what’s next. But the heartbeat of SHI is our employees – all 6,000 of them.
- Our commitment to diversity, as the largest minority- and woman-owned enterprise in the U.S.
- Continuous professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Health, wellness, and financial benefits to offer peace of mind to you and your family.
- World-class facilities and the technology you need to thrive – in our offices or yours.
- Design and implement Cloud solutions and related technologies including but not limited to, Network Design, Security Architecture, Governance Best Practices and Connectivity.
- Migrating VMWare, Hyper-V and Physical workloads to Public Cloud environments using native tools and 3rd Party Migration utilities
- Cloud services deployment planning, management, and troubleshooting
- PowerShell, python and bash scripting for automation, documentation and standardization
- Serve as the technical resource and subject matter expert on projects, overseeing the work of others and being accountable for the outcome of the project
- Assist sales team in identifying, scoping and closing opportunities through customer meetings and presentations
- Minimum 2 – 10 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- Deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Cloud Certifications (Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Certifications)
- Experience migrating workloads to the Public Cloud or managing workloads in the Public Cloud
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation and support of cloud solutions and exhibit strong project management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical capabilities of cloud technology
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Receptive listening skills, with ability to present ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent writing skills to produce written reports of recommendations, metrics, project management, process and technical documentation
- High level reading comprehension to examine manuals and technical reports to keep up with advances and implement new technology that meets employers’ or clients’ needs
- Understanding of the cost models of Public Cloud and basic FinOps vocabulary and concepts.
- An Associate Level Certification or higher in AWS, Azure or GCP is preferred prior to hiring for the cloud being hired for. If employee does not have one, they are expected to have it by day 90 as a requirement of role.
- Qualifying Certifications are as follows – AZ104, AZ204, DP300, AZ700, DP203, AZ305, AWS Solution Architect – Associate, AWS Developer – Associate, AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate, AWS Solution Architect – Professional, GCP Cloud Engineer – Associate, GCP Cloud Architect – Professional.
- Travel to client sites, up to 25%
- The estimated annual pay range for this position is $80,000 – $135,000 which includes a base salary and bonus. The compensation for this position is dependent on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location and, therefore, will vary from individual to individual. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status