Are you interested in joining one of the world’s leading messaging and CPaaS brands? Do you want to work in the intersection between finance and technology? FinOps is the exciting new field of running public cloud in a cost effective way. Are you the person to join us on the journey towards FinOps Nirvana?
Sinch is a multi-cloud, multi-tenant large scale consumer of public cloud services spanning business units and teams across the globe. We have presence in AWS, Azure and GCP.
The essence of the role
You will be part of the Cloud Governance team. We are a small central team supporting several business units. Our focus is FinOps, cloud security and cloud management. Your role will be centered around the FinOps phases of Inform, Optimize and Operate. You will be expected to be grounded in FinOps but there are no set boundaries between competence areas. “Not in my job description” is not in our vocabulary. You will be expected to both invent and execute. We are pioneering FinOps in Sinch. As a consequence, not all requirements will come from above. Sometimes we need to work backwards, i. e. to define our own requirements and align with stakeholders rather than having requirements handed to us.
It is important that you understand the mechanisms that drive cloud cost. Depending on who you are the, the role can be weighted more towards technology or finance.
As our new FinOps Engineer you will:
- As a bridge that connects Finance and Technology, the FinOps Engineer should be able to explain cloud technology to finance and management personas and finance to engineers.
- Promote FinOps culture across the company
- Enable cost visibility – tagging and reporting
- Identify, recommend and follow up cost optimization opportunities and drive cost optimization workshops (gamedays)
- Build and maintain relationship with customers and internal stakeholders; interact with engineers, executives, product managers and finance teams
- Work with cloud vendors
- Take ownership of FinOps cost tools and develop capacity reservation policies
- Support budget processes – Be a cost detective, perform Cost analysis deep-dives and create custom reports
- Buy reserved capacity
- Work on technical solutions to support FinOps
- Advise on cost effective architectures
- Work on anything else you can come up with to help Sinch excel in FinOps!
Who are you?
- Already a FinOps practitioner or a Finance person with a tech interest or a Cloud/DevOps Engineer wanting to take the next step.
- You have a solid understanding of networking, storage, compute, application s up port, and application development concepts as it pertains to cloud computing
- Possess 5+ years of experience in Cloud Cost Management, FinOps or Vendor Client Success Management; having multi-year Multi year experience with Azure, AWS and/or GCP.
- Curious and inventive, problem solver, self-motivated
- University degree preferred
- Willing to be FinOps certified
- Passionate and comfortable handling FinOps discussions at the technical, business or financial level
- Adaptable and flexible with workloads and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills /collaboration skills – to ensure progress is made
- Good written documentation and communication skills
- Possess Foundational Cloud services knowledge
Nice to have
- Previous experience of FinOps
- FinOps Practitioner certification
- Certification on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure); such as AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals, GCP Foundational
- Experience in an Agile environment using Scrum methodology
- Experience with chargeback modeling, cost savings and avoidance tracking, and forecasting
- Two or more (2+) years’ experience with cost optimization
Our corporate language is English. Please submit your Cover letter and Resume in English.