The IT Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis of corporate technical finances. This role will contribute to the achievement of technical financial transparency across the organization. It includes the analysis of technical budgets and forecast at the project, department, and corporate level. The portfolio scope will include oversight of all technical operational and capital expenses.
This position will be a valued member of the Technical Business Management Office (TBMO) reporting directly to the Technical Finance Manager. The role will provide exposure and collaboration with key stakeholders across the business. This is a perfect role for anyone seeking a position that has a focus on the business of technology.
– Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of technical actual and forecasted expenses.
– Measure actual vs. planned technical financial performance.
– Identify continuous improvement opportunities for technical financial management.
– Prepare remediation plans for technical expenses forecasted to exceed approved budgets.
– Present technical financial performance results to department and corporate stakeholders.
– Prepare documentation required for the approval of technical expenditures.
– Utilize the Technical Business Management and FinOps frameworks for technical financial analysis and procedural documentation.
– Create and maintain requested technical expense procedural and governance documentation.
– Collaborate with the Finance and Accounting departments to manage and track technical finances.
– Consult with project teams to analyze the technical financial performance during the project lifecycle.
– Utilize internal data sources to provide insightful, accurate and timely information technical financial analysis and guidance.
– Perform ad hoc technical financial reporting as requested by the business.
– Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
– Minimum of two (2) + years of financial accounting, analysis, and reporting
– Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
– Experienced user in data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
– Understanding of business ERP systems
– Experience with Technical Business Management (TBM) framework
– Experience with Cloud Financial Management (FinOps)
– Experience with technical financial management tools (ex. Apptio)
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org