We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Cloud FinOps Manager, a self-driven professional dedicated to providing financial operations leadership within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires a strong work ethic, exemplary independent work skills, and a solid foundation in Cloud FinOps and business acumen. Your primary responsibilities will involve utilizing your technical knowledge and organizational expertise to effectively drive and execute the FinOps methodology at SiriusXM, ensuring adherence to technical strategy, financial management methodologies, and company policies.
As the Senior Cloud FinOps Manager, you will collaborate closely with stakeholders across Engineering, Product, and Finance. Your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities within the FinOps function of the Product & Technology organization, including support for cloud cost management, optimization, and executive reporting. Your expertise and strategic guidance will be essential in optimizing financial operations, fostering strong partnerships, and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for process, structure, and operational rigor. They will also love working in an entrepreneurial environment and have a proactive approach to creating impact in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Create, standardize, and implement cloud cost management and control practices while engaging cross-functional stakeholders to drive results.
- Create cloud usage and cost reporting to grant the needed transparency into the cloud environment.
- Unique ability to bridge finance and technology: Partner with infrastructure engineering teams, application development teams, product leadership, and finance: analyzing cloud costs, identification of opportunity, determining cause, and providing visibility into results.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the FinOps practice, cloud service costs, resource utilization, and analytics space.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze data, assist with forecasting, demand planning, and make recommendations on cost optimization strategies such as reservations, savings plans, shutdown schedules, etc.
- Prepare and present reports to various parts of the business from technical team members to senior leadership.
- Help bring an ‘end to end’ perspective on technology cloud investments; partner with relevant stakeholders and provide analysis, reporting and presentations to effectively communicate the ROI and strategic value of our cloud investments.
- Manage deliverables independently and with a high degree of efficiency.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- A minimum of 8 year’s experience in a public cloud environment
- Experience in creating and maintaining reports, dashboards and data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large and complex data sets and to convert them into actionable insights that drive business decisions
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Hands-on cloud experience with a deep understanding of cloud based services usage and pricing; AWS and/or GCP
- Understanding of container technologies (Fargate/Docker).
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity including resources within a dynamic and versatile environment.
- Ability to seek out information, logically trouble-shoot and/or escalate with relevant parties for the purpose of solving issues quickly.
- Identify potential issues in advance and implement measures to mitigate and manage risks.
- Ability to navigate challenges and conflicts to ensure working towards a common goal.
- Must have legal right to work in U.S.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience developing API’s, UI’s, and automation.
- Hands-on experience with multiple programming languages – Java, Python, NodeJS, etc.
- FinOps Certification
- Expertise using cloud management software tools.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira & Confluence.