FinOps Data Analyst
Published: 7th November 2022
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-impact team and serve as a trusted advisor to global leaders throughout the organization. As a member of this dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing processes and analytics to drive key decision-making within the Product House organization while tackling challenging business problems and supporting change and innovation within the organization.
We’re looking for a talented individual who has a demonstrated ability to quickly understand the FinOps domain of a SaaS company, analyze and generate insights from large and complex data sets, then help plan, lead and implement changes that improve overall efficiency.
Why you should join our team
As a member of the broader Product House Operations group, you will also have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Sisense’s core business from many angles, from analysis of the budget to the standardization of policies and systems to scale operations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally across many different teams at Sisense during a time of exciting business transformation and growth.
This role reports directly to our Senior Director of Product House Operations, who brings field and operational experience and has grown in her career in companies both large and small.
- Lead the implementation of FinOps’ best practices to optimize Product House costs.
- Lead FinOps processes, focusing on cost optimization, governance and best-practices.
- Take part in the company’s FinOps methodology, tools, and Automations, and support internal teams in FinOps efforts, and opportunities.
- Create metrics, reports, forecasts and optimization plans for financial excellence.
- Analyze, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over different cloud services.
- Be proactive and on the lookout for initiatives driving Sisense’ Product House budget optimization. Work closely with R&D to improve Company efficiency and processes.
- Bring together Finance, Technology and Business Leadership in cross-company collaboration to foster agility innovation, decentralized decision-making, and fast adaptation to change.
- Make smarter technology investments decisions that yield significant cost savings.
- Willing to work hard under pressure in a global, dynamic environment.
What you’ve accomplished so far
- You’ve worked as a FinOps analyst in some capacity in a SaaS company and you have a good understanding of cloud costs and proven experience with cost optimization.
- You’ve shown an ability to effectively analyze data using a BI platform (Sisense knowledge is an advantage) in order to identify trends, and have presented your analysis to business leaders in an effective and efficient manner.
- You’ve managed competing priorities and delivered impactful results, while working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- You have superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills, and have used them to drive strategic direction through insightful analysis, and forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- You have the flexibility (open to change), the ability to learn on the fly, handle multiple assignments under the pressure of deadlines and a high sense of urgency.
- You have demonstrated the ability to assess and learn quickly, pick up new concepts, and develop processes per business needs.
- You proactively seek out opportunities to analyze the business in ways other people may not have considered.
- You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- You are highly responsible, very detail oriented, and organized (Attention to detail, follow-up, and time management skills).
How you’ll ramp
By Day 30
- You’ll develop a basic understanding of our budget structure, focusing on Cloud cost.
- You’ll learn Sisense Product House structure and conduct introductory meetings with key stakeholders
- You’ll calculate basic KPIs.
- You’ll have a good understanding of our current tech stack: Salesforce (SFDC), Jira, Budget Management spreadsheets, Gong and other tools.
- You’ll have a basic understanding of the Sisense product features and start to build your own FinOps dashboard.
By Day 60
- You’ll assist in developing, reporting, and automating key performance metrics for FinOps data analysis.
- You’ll manage a queue of incoming requests from the internal organization and provide timely responses.
- You’ll help monitor budget requests and improve the supporting data.
- You’ll work on relevant analytics automation processes and cost optimization initiatives.
- You’ll be able to work collaboratively with product house and field leaders to analyze relevant budget line items and consider cost optimization.
- You’ll collaborate with PH managers and operational teams to support ad-hoc analysis.
By Day 90
- You’ll structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations.
- You’ll perform analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- You’ll structure business problems into meaningful analyses and insights.
- You’ll structure and scale models to support budget planning and cost optimization.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities, generate ideas, and develop business cases for cost optimization.
- Company: Sisense
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None