Our mission is to elevate leading brands through unforgettable digital connections with their customers. Sitecore delivers a composable digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest and largest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers.
A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the leading company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers millions of digital experiences every day. Thousands of blue-chip companies including American Express, Porsche, Starbucks, L’Oréal, and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com.
Sitecore’s foundation is our diverse group of passionate, smart, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 25 countries. Having a wide range of perspectives, experiences, and skills is what makes us the company we are today. The Sitecore values are what drive and unite us across the globe.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Cloud FinOps Engineer who will help us drive the business towards success by defining and refining our FinOps processes while enabling us to deliver on our business goals. As a FinOps Cloud Engineer, you will collaborate closely with your counterpart in Product and help focus our R&D teams on building great products and capabilities with the right financial awareness and optimal spend profile.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop automated daily data analysis of our Cloud consumption across all Cloud venues and all Cloud Technologies as well as provide business leaders with data they need to make decisions impacting their spend and efficiency. Including, but not limited to, Compute, Storage, Database, Backups, Logs and serverless technology in AWS and Azure
- Provide customised reporting and dashboards to internal stakeholders to provide a view of actual costs vs. budget and the drivers of the spend and peaks in usage
- Identify cost optimisation opportunities and inform the business and technical owners. Including but not limited to rightsizing, reservations, savings plans, wastage removal and technology upgrades.
- Work with wider Sitecore stakeholders (e.g. FP&A, Product, Engineering) to provide cost forecasting across the Cloud estate considering proposed/planned changes, new workloads planned to be cloud hosted in the future and comparing Cloud costs across AWS and Azure.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to report on enterprise-level commitments vs. consumption and future consumption across agreements such as AWS and Microsoft MACC agreements
- Work to help identify software renewals or new software procurement that could use a cloud-based Market Place to achieve a lower price point for the business and assist burn down enterprise-level commitments
- Collaborate with the engineering teams on the creation and adherence of policies and guardrails to ensure the business is empowered to achieve its objectives with appropriate governance in place to maintain enterprise standards
What You Need to Succeed:
- Hands-on relevant Cloud FinOps experience
- Demonstrated experience in software development, DevOps or SRE
- Strong experience with Azure or AWS technologies is expected, with Azure being preferred
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable way to all stakeholders
- Excellent customer-centric communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and continuous improvement mindset; knowledge sharing and the ability to positively influence teams across the organisation
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Previous experience with data analysis in technology and/or finance domains is an advantage
- Preferable to have experience of Cloud Management tools such as AWS cost explorer or Azure Cost Management
Why you should click ‘Apply’:
- We are passionate about new technologies and growing! We are tapping into an exciting $30B market opportunity that is still very much in its infancy and feel It’s never been a better time to join Sitecore as we look to grow by 30% YoY. Growth for us means growth for you and your career.
- Great team and company culture! You can find out more about our company culture, a typical day in the Engineering team, and our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, on our YouTube Channel. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, Sitecore has been recognized for award-winning Culture by Comparably.
- Great benefits! We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive base salary, annual bonus, and strong benefits program.
How we hire:
At Sitecore, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centers around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.