Published: 3rd February 2023
Closing Date: 27th April 2023
What you’ll do:
- Working with the SRE team to analyse and investigate opportunities for cloud optimisation, rightsizing and automation
- Define standards for resources based on project requirements and implementation
- Setting and documenting policies and guidelines for cloud deployments working with Governance and compliance teams
- Facilitate and produce cost reporting for SRE teams and engineer
- Present cost reports to the GOTT leadership
- Carry out regular reviews of forecast versus actual spend, tracking performance and identifying any opportunities to reduce variance
- Develop a close working relationship with our FinOps Portfolio team, engaging them to provide financial insights when required to fulfil our deliverables to OTT SRE teams
- Compile and publish monthly reports across all FinOps metrics relevant to the teams and proposition
What you’ll bring:
- Strong statistical and analytical knowledge, to aid in modelling and defining meaningful KPIs related to Cloud expenditure
- Experience of using BI tools to interrogate data
- Ability to create new business insights from concept through to delivery
- Familiarity with the Agile work environment, managing deliverables through epics and user stories with defined acceptance criteria
- Awareness of Cloud service providers (ideally AWS and/or GCP)
- Awareness of app and web development technologies, techniques and practices in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
Financial Operations is a key function within the Sky Global Over The Top (GOTT) team to provide cost data, analysis and controls to enable the business to make decisions to deliver new and monitor production services.
Financial analysts will embed themselves into the Site Reliability Engineering teams to provide financial analysis, guidance, define standards, document policies and present reporting to enable decision making based on best practice.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky – we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embedded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
- Company: Sky
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None