We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Reporting to the Director of Product Finance, you will help support our rapidly growing business through developing deep expertise around our cloud infrastructure and acting as a strategic partner in all matters cloud related. As this is a relatively nascent space, we are looking for a quick learner that is adaptable, innovative, and willing to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- Along with 2 other analysts, help manage our Cloud COGS model. Track actuals vs forecast, and continuously iterate to improve accuracy.
- Answer detailed questions around our unit economics via SQL queries.
- Identify problems and abnormalities in our infrastructure spend and quickly resolve them to minimize business impact. Provide insights on ways we can reduce COGS and improve margin.
- Build out tooling in Snowflake or our BI tools to manage our CSP spend. You’re focused on scaling our processes and reporting as we grow into a $10bn business.
- Be an expert on the cost reporting structure and differences across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Work closely with our Accounting team on our monthly close process by providing guidance on COGS/R&D classification.
- Become a trusted business partner to our Engineering and Product Management teams on all aspects of our cloud spend. You will be leaned on as an active advisor for cost considerations whenever our infrastructure is involved.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
- 5+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting. Experience working in a SaaS business alongside Engineering and Analytics teams is strongly preferred.
- Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of junior team members
- Comfort with big data and strong Excel skills. You know when and how to utilize Excel, and are proficient in SQL and using a BI tools. Python skills are nice to have.
- Preferred: Experience in analyzing the cost and usage data from AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Solid problem-solving ability and experience working through ambiguity or unknown datasets. You take initiative and are adept at influencing external stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Good understanding of GAAP and history of working with Accounting teams. You know how to classify something as COGS or OpEx, and if you are unsure, then you know the right questions to ask.
- Knowing how to communicate complex and technical concepts in a succinct and simplistic manner to a less technically knowledgeable colleague will be critical to success.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and your first version is never your best. You are a believer that there is always a better way and you continually work towards that.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or CS.
- This is a hybrid role in San Mateo with office presence required Tuesday through Thursday.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated pay range for this role is $107,000 – $158,700.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?