Reporting to the Director of Product Finance, you will help support our rapidly growing business through developing deep expertise around our cloud infrastructure and acting as a strategic partner in all matters cloud related. As this is a relatively nascent space, we are looking for a quick learner that is adaptable, innovative, and willing to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU WILL DO :
- Along with 4 other analysts, help manage our Cloud Spend model. Track actuals vs forecast, and continuously iterate to improve accuracy.
- Answer detailed questions around our unit economics via SQL queries. You’re not just tweaking premade queries- you write from scratch. Enable strategic decision making with insightful data.
- Identify problems and abnormalities in our infrastructure spend and quickly resolve them to minimize business impact. Provide recommendations on ways we can reduce COGS and improve margin.
- Build out tooling in Snowflake or our BI tools to manage our CSP spend. You’re focused on scaling our processes and reporting as we grow into a $10bn business. At Snowflake, we pride ourselves on developing our internal tooling vs relying on 3rd parties for analytics.
- Be an expert on the cost reporting structure and differences across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Work closely with our Accounting team on our monthly close process by providing guidance on COGS/R&D classification.
- Support Product Managers and Engineers as an embedded resource to manage and improve our product pricing. You will be a pricing expert for your verticals and perform detailed analysis to drive consumption.
- Become a trusted business partner to our Engineering and Product Management teams on all aspects of our cloud spend. You will be leaned on as an active advisor for cost considerations whenever our infrastructure is involved.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED :
- 5-8+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting. Experience working in a SaaS business alongside Engineering and Analytics teams is strongly preferred.
- Based on your FP&A experience, you understand how the close process works. You also understand how to juggle competing priorities outside of traditional FP&A to balance against multiple deadlines.
- Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of junior team members
- Comfort with big data and strong Excel skills. You know when and how to utilize Excel, and are proficient in SQL and using a BI tools. Python skills are nice to have.
- A background in Pricing Strategy or a role where you are providing input on product-level profitability. Experience in driving a proposal through a Pricing Committee is highly preferred.
- Preferred: Experience in analyzing the cost and usage data from AWS, Azure, or GCP. FinOps certification is nice to have.
- Solid problem solving ability and experience working through ambiguity or unknown datasets. You take initiative and are adept at influencing external stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Good understanding of GAAP and history of working with Accounting teams. You know how to classify something as COGS or OpEx, and if you are unsure, then you know the right questions to ask.
- Knowing how to communicate complex and technical concepts in a succinct and simplistic manner to a less technically knowledgeable colleague will be critical to success. You are comfortable presenting to VP/C-level leadership.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and your first version is never your best. You are a believer that there is always a better way and you continually work towards that.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or CS.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $118,000 – $159,600.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.