We are seeking a skilled FinOps Specialist / Cloud Economist to join our team at Snowflake. In this role you will work directly with customers to provide insights on their Snowflake spend and guide them on their FinOps journey. The ideal candidate will possess both a business and data analytics background and should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the challenge of managing cloud spend and hands-on experience implementing and deploying FinOps frameworks .
- Analyze customer consumption data on the Snowflake platform, identify wasteful spend and provide actionable insights to attribute, control, and optimize spend
- Lead and facilitate workshops with cross-functional teams (Snowflake & Customer) to help deploy a FinOps framework to better control spend and drive sustainable growth
- Establish cloud unit economics and define KPIs to align Snowflake spend to key business outcomes
- Build and maintain economic models to support financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting of Snowflake spend
- Lead thought leadership efforts as well as events to advance key FinOps concepts as it relates to The Data Cloud.
- Strong knowledge of cloud cost management practices and tools, including resource tagging, cost allocation, budgeting, and cost optimization techniques.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Python) and the ability to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns, and draw actionable insights.
- Ability to create, document, and communicate financial analysis and cost optimization recommendations for cloud services with both technology and finance teams.
- Critical thinker that can collaborate cross functionally to solve complex business problems and effectively articulate solutions to an executive audience
- A degree in business administration, data analytics, management information systems, economics, finance, or related discipline.
- 4 to 5 years of strong experience managing AWS, Azure, or GCP costs and optimizing cloud expenditures
- Bonus: FinOPs Certified Practitioner / MBA
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $113,000 – $152,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.