Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are seeking a skilled data analyst/FinOps specialist to join our team at Snowflake in India. In this role you will work with our onsite value engineers and account teams to provide insights on our customers’ Snowflake spend and guide them on their FinOps journey. The ideal candidate will possess strong data analytics (Excel, SQL and Python) and communication skills to understand, analyze usage patterns of our customers to identify areas for optimization, and communicate data-driven insights through storytelling to provide actionable recommendations to value engineers and customers
- Collaborate and support our onsite FinOps value engineers to provide data insights and business intelligence as it relates to customers’ Snowflake spend
- Analyze customer consumption data on the Snowflake platform, identify wasteful spend and provide actionable insights to attribute, control, and optimize spend
- Analyze data using SQL and Python to identify usage patterns and trends of our customers.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations that provide insights into customer usage of Snowflake.
- Work with FinOps CoE to define and establish KPIs, benchmarks and diagnostics approaches that help Snowflake customers to better understand, manage and optimize their Snowflake spend
- Communicate data-driven insights to value engineers and customers through storytelling and presentations
- Work with value engineers and customers to implement recommendations and ensure successful adoption of Snowflake.
- Continuously monitor and analyze usage data to identify new opportunities for optimization.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL, Python) and the ability to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns, and draw actionable insights.
- Ability to create, document, and communicate financial analysis and cost optimization recommendations for cloud services with both technology and finance teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in FinOps, data analytics, data science, or a related fields
- Bonus: Work experience in FinOps or FinOps Practitioner Certification