The Business Development Executive, is a true subject matter expert with an attitude and passion for driving our Solutions & Services propositions into our current account base & prospects, co-owning sales business development, and supporting go to market activities within your assigned region, territory or customer segmentation. Working with the aligned country or federation Sales & Services leadership team, the BDE functions in a partnership with the primary Account Manager (AM) and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions.
The BDE is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to growing, landing & expanding the aligned customer journey with current & new logo accounts. The BDE takes the initial subject matter lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and supports account managers with account planning leveraging our customer propensity data & intelligence
The BDE also serves as the liaison between the assigned AM and technical pre-sales team and customers for new Solution & Services opportunities supporting effective & efficient handover into delivery & customer success resources.
In this role your focus will be selling the SoftwareONE Solutions & Services, which includes but not limited to:
At SoftwareONE, people are our biggest asset we continually look to invest, grow and develop our people however it is expected that the BDE will continue to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge around their specified field, and service as a true subject matter expert
- The BDE drives new business, sales activities at a customer leve partnering with the field-based account manager (AM) within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes and overcome objections in order to maximize opportunities.
- Ability to effectively manage the sales lifecycle.
- Performance and success measured by Services GP performance within a region, territory or defined account base. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- To analyse & gather business requirement from complex client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on requirements, aligned to the SoftwareONE customer journey’s.
- Prepares cost estimates, proposals & appropriate contracts for solutions & services sales.
- Works with pre-sales technical teams to contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Assist and support partnership/alliance functions to assigned vendor partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.
What We Need To See From You
- Highly motivated and results oriented – evidence of consistently exceeding acquisition specific performance metrics
- 5+ years of proven sales experience, including 3+ years or equivalent experience selling AWS products and services, with documented successful sales of enterprise-wide solutions & services (Professional & Managed Services)
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning complex solutions & services
- Ability to build broad networks within enterprise accounts across IT operations, project teams, architects, security, software managers, procurement and commercial teams
- High level of knowledge of internal organization working and Information Technology trends
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with C-level executives
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives, quotas & targets
Cloud Services Skills:
- Evidenced network of AWS contacts
- Solid understanding of AWS principles, architecture and management
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS service delivery
- Understanding around migration planning & execution including migration to Azure, re-platforming of on-premises solutions to cloud-native incl. compute, network and storage, logging & monitoring;
- Proposing problem solving activities and approaches for dynamic customer challenges within engagements
- Technology and business enablement advocate to advise the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
- Experience in building value propositon around implementing Hybrid Cloud solution projects.
- Ability to provide expert guidance to customers, driving solution architecture, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Security Fundamentals