A Business Development Executive (BDE) is a solutioning expert against customer problems/ business needs. The BDE is responsible for accelerating time to value for our customers and supporting them in their cloud and digital transformation by aligning our solutions. Good technical understanding and the ability to transform our customers challenges into commercial solutions.
The BDE identifies, develops, and lands opportunities for defined portfolio elements in cooperation with Account Management. The BDE’s focus is new business with both new and existing customers.
For existing customers, the Sales cycle is started by the Account Management. New customers must be hunted by the BDE, but BDE’s always work in a team with the AM.
- Establish relationships with new and existing customers and secure new business in the assigned portfolio element(s)
- Drive the entire Sales Cycle from initial Customer Engagement till Contract Closing for new customers. For existing customers, Sales Cycle is started by Account Manager
- Work with Account Managers to ensure that the overall account strategy and goals will be followed and achieved
- Maintain a very detailed level of relevant knowledge on the assigned portfolio element(s) in order to have meaningful and relevant conversations with customers and prospects
- Work with Technical Architects / Practice Leaders to ensure that we design the right solutions for our customers
- Provide feedback to Account Management on ways to decrease the Sales Cycle, enhance Sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Construct service contracts and associated commercials/cost model based on scope and customer’s desired outcomes
What we need to see from you
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university preferred
- 5 to 7 years professional sales experience in high-tech or service-related industry with preferred successful software sales / software licensing experience
- Experience in Solution Selling with emphasis on strong account/territory management
- Experienced selling into large enterprise customers
- Demonstrated experience in selling enterprise software products/services/solutions is a strong advantage
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with C-level executives
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, time management skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team sales environment with minimum supervision