We are looking for a driven, passionate individual to join our team as a person accountable for developing and growing key client(s) in close collaboration with pre-sales, delivery teams, and key people in our cloud domains responsible for our services. If you are a self-starter, want to develop and grow key clients’ businesses, this venture is for you!
You must have a track record of significant ($5M USD+) business development experience to enterprise companies. Experience with Cloud Services (FinOps, ITAM, Digital Workplace, Microsoft Licensing, Microsoft solutions, Managed Services, or Professional Services) is a strong advantage. You should also have experience in selling professional IT services at business head level, translating client needs to technology solutions, preparing RFP bids, presenting value proposition, and drive negotiations to closure. An existing network with Microsoft or Google and experience in growing network in target prospects/ accounts is advantageous.
Beware – it requires ownership, commitment, taking care of the clients and co-responsibility for the business goals of the account(s) (P&L).
If you were ever frustrated by ‘strange’ Client requirements in a project, the way it’s delivered, low technical quality, inefficient sales process – it’s about time to take matters into your own hands and shape your future by joining SoftwareOne!
As a Senior Client Executive you will be responsible for the business development and account owner roles on key client(s) in Canada and working with the Cloud service Line to grow sustainable healthy business for your account(s).
In addition, the Senior Client Executive leads our key clients into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the Senior Client Executive orchestrates and coordinates with additional sales and service line members, ensuring that the best of SoftwareOne and our partners is brought to help our clients achieve their business goals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Execution of SoftwareOne company strategy as well as build new business development opportunities in line with strategy in Canada
- Be Account Owner for key clients in the region
- Grow client network on C-Level and below
- Hands-on execution of business development and sales activities for your clients
- Orchestration of internal SoftwareOne Teams and resources
- Develop good business relationships with the local Cloud Services Resources
- Prioritize and balance between projects (“cash cow”, “strategic” etc.)
- Account planning and execution of account plans
- Drive a consultative sales process to success (new, up-sell, cross-sell); Hands on action to close biggest opportunities Run and facilitate scoping workshops and design sessions with clients together with colleagues
- Negotiate contracts (scope, schedule, pricing, terms) with clients
- Prepare/ Support Scope of work, Schedule, and Pricing documents
- Collaborate and use marketing and lead generating services available
- Establish and develop business relationship with key people at clients (stakeholder map)
- Establish and develop relationship with SoftwareOne delivery teams, project management, and tech. architects
- Overseeing Net Profit of the engagements within Client portfolio Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks at client opportunities and engagements
Work with marketing to align our marketing message and value proposition to the relevant Client(s) market to help you in business development.\
- Reports to the Solutions Sales Director.
- Enlists the support of pre sales, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
What We Offer
- Generous pay with bonus structure
- Independent environment without a lot of red tape where you are empowered to make decisions
- Substantial benefits package that includes:
- Full suite of medical coverage with A+ carriers, Dental and Vision with strong employer contributions
- Additional voluntary coverage available for Pet, Identity Theft Protection, Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k program with employer matching 50% up to the first 10% of employee’s contributions
- Wellness plan that include credits to premiums, employer contributions towards savings plan of your choice, and a new fit bit
- Access to EAP and concierge services
- Pre-Paid Legal at no cost
- Plentiful PTO that includes paid holidays, floating holidays, your birthday off, a volunteer day, and vacation time
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Learning and development opportunities galore
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much more!
- Winning culture, inclusive environment, and friendly people all over the world
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
As a culture first organization, being together is how we learn and grow. We come together in-person at least 3 days for collaboration, support, and to have some fun. Where there is no physical location, we give all our employees an equal cultural experience through a remote setting.
What You Offer
What we need to see from you
- Preferred: Degree in marketing, business administration, or similar.
- Extensive sales experience.
- Intuitive and insightful, particularly regarding human behavior.
- Ability to generate revenue by identifying pain points and suggesting suitable products or services.
- Great networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills.
- Emboldened by challenges.
- Be part of a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment that empowers you to lead your team as you see fit without a lot of red tape or hierarchical structure. You have the autonomy to get ‘er done!
- Strong benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, generous PTO and holidays, and a 401k that will match 50% up to 10% of your contributions
- Quarterly and annual recognition programs that could include additional compensation and/or incentive trips
- Work for a transformational organization that is on a mission to maximize market share with your leadership.