About the job
As an experienced member of our Cloud FinOps Team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and cloud engineering best practices. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers. You will work with customer’s financial and technical teams to gather business requirements, identify capability gaps, craft roadmaps and implement solutions. Participative and collaborative in team knowledge sharing sessions. You drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities e.g., translating financial insights into actionable recommendations.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- FinOps Practitioner Certification a plus
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification preferred
- Experience using AWS Cost Explorer and other AWS Cost Management tools
- Experience with cloud economics, AWS services, and AWS pricing models
- Experience in the following:
- AWS Trusted Advisor
- AWS EC2, EKS, RDS, Autoscaler, etc.
- Act as SME in working groups to develop best practices and usage examples
- AWS APIs to extract data from the above tools for additional transformation and analysis
- AWS QuickSight and/or Cloud Intelligence Dashboards
- Microsoft Azure
- SAFe Agile preferred
- Experience with cloud management platforms or cloud billing systems
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Provide accounting and payment details of cloud bills
- Prepare monthly slide decks for Cloud Finance/Cost Optimization for all Business Units
- Research and identify cloud cost optimization and opportunities as part of a continuous improvement model.
- Drive optimization through discovery, development, and sharing of cost-saving opportunities e.g., translating financial insights into actionable recommendations
- Produce measurements, reports and recommended improvement plans for financial excellence in the cloud.
- Create custom reports giving personalized recommendations to customers based on budget, best practices, timeline, and goals
- Create cost and usage analyses, trending and forecasting reports, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption
- Stay educated on the latest cost optimization strategies and technologies; gather insights and develop new opinions and strategies around cloud optimization and present solutions to leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets); experience analyzing large datasets