What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a strong data science, cloud FinOps and finance professional with experience in both finance and cloud data. The candidate will have a mix of data science, FinOps experience, cloud engineering background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services balanced with strong analytical, collaborative, and communication skills.
This position will play a key role in the Client’s Technology Finance team by providing data and analytical support focused on the Client’s Cloud investments (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure) and Software optimization. This role will work with the Client’s Global Tech FinOps, other Client’s GT teams, Tech PMO and Client’s Finance teams to provide the needed data sets, data analysis, financial analysis, reporting, dashboards to help provide the need visibility into the Client’s Cloud Portfolio. The role will create analytics and implement a body of reporting to enable visibility and transparency into the Client’s Cloud Portfolio to help proactively manage all aspects of our cloud usage and spend and also enable and ensure clarity of storytelling in line with Client’s and Global Technology’s Cloud and Tech investments priorities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytical and organized professional with a strong ability to partner with cross-functional teammates, juggle multiple competing priorities and demonstrate a strong attention to detail, confort and familiarity with cloud technology and large data sets.
- Drive increased visibility into all the financial aspects (capacity, usage, cost and value) of the Client’s Cloud Portfolio
- Establish analytical and reporting capabilities to enable cloud cost planning and performance benchmarking
- Create cloud usage and cost reporting to grant the needed transparency into our cloud portfolio and enable us to proactively manage all aspects of cloud usage and spend
- Establish analytical reporting which will drive financial rigor (capacity provisioning, capacity usage, KPIs, etc) to support cost and optimization efforts.
- Bring an ‘end to end’ perspective on Technology Cloud investments; partner with relevant stakeholders and provide analysis, reporting and presentations to effectively communicate the ROI and Strategic Value of our Cloud investments.
- Work with various tech teams and stakeholders to provide the needed analytical supports to help in their ongoing cloud optimization efforts
- Implement regular communications with stakeholders on opportunities to achieve higher cloud cost optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably a masters degree) in Data Analytics, Statistics or Data Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related discipline or any combination of equivalent relevant education, training and experience Strong understanding of public cloud provider platforms and services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 7+ years experience in cloud spend (cash flow & amortized) reporting, financial modeling, economic/profit analysis, financial planning and/or portfolio management. Experience in a Fortune 500 consumer products, retail, technology, and/or digital/ecommerce company is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Mgmt+Billing)
- Working knowledge of financial close activities and accounting principles
- Validated strong financial analysis skills; proven ability to complete sophisticated quantitative and qualitative analysis, financial and/or valuation models
- Strong executive presence; ability to present POV clearly and influence leaders through presentation, logical reasoning, and scenario alternatives
- Work independently with large amounts of data, deal with ambiguity, be organized
- Problem solve through curiosity, diving deep, finding solutions, delivering results
- Ability to see the big picture while simultaneously zooming into the details
- Work collaboratively, build effective business partnerships and be well-respected and trusted partner in a cross-functional organization
- Attention to detail in the development of management quality reporting and analytics for executive-level personnel
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent projects
The Following Qualifications Are Preferred, But Not Required
- FinOps certification
- Public cloud provider certification(s)
- Understanding of Agile principles and Sprint Planning, including planning/backlog tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with Python or similar automation/scripting languages
Who will you work with
- You will act as an individual contributor responsible for creating data sets, analysis, reporting and financial analysis on the Client’s Cloud Portfolio and you will report directly to the Global Technology Finance Senior Director for Foundational Domains.
- You will partner directly with the Finance teammates, the GT FinOps team, cloud resource owners, GT Domain teams, engineers, platform owners and GT leaders who are responsible for some aspect of cloud usage and cost management.
Duration: 12 Months (Contract)
Key Skills: Cloud FinOps, Financial Analysis, Data Science, Cloud Data, Big Data